Consolidation and Price Discrimination in the Cable Television Industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregory S. Crawford, 2014. "Cable Regulation in the Internet Era," NBER Chapters,in: Economic Regulation and Its Reform: What Have We Learned?, pages 137-193 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patrick Parsons, 2003. "Horizontal Integration in the Cable Television Industry: History and Context," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(1), pages 23-40.
- David Byrne, 2010. "Acquisitions as a Response to Deregulation: Evidence from the Cable Television Industry," Working Papers 1242, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Tasneem Chipty & Christopher M. Snyder, 1999. "The Role Of Firm Size In Bilateral Bargaining: A Study Of The Cable Television Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(2), pages 326-340, May.
- Steven T. Berry & Joel Waldfogel, 2001. "Do Mergers Increase Product Variety? Evidence from Radio Broadcasting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 1009-1025.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Crawford, Gregory S., 2012.
"Endogenous product choice: A progress report,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 315-320.
- Crawford, Gregory S, 2012. "Endogenous Product Choice: A Progress Report," CEPR Discussion Papers 8862, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Crawford, Gregory S., 2012. "Endogenous Product Choice : A Progress Report," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 979, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Gregory S. Crawford & Oleksandr Shcherbakov & Matthew Shum, 2015.
"The welfare effects of endogenous quality choice in cable television markets,"
ECON - Working Papers
202, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Crawford, Gregory S. & Shcherbakov, Oleksandr & Shum, Matthew, 2015. "The Welfare Effects of Endogenous Quality Choice in Cable Television Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 10793, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Nissan, Edward & Naghshpour, Shahdad, 2014. "Costs and Revenues of Ã la Carte (ALC) Versus Bundling in Television Markets," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 44(1).
More about this item
KeywordsConsolidation; Price Discrimination; Economies of Scale; Firm Heterogeneity;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-09-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2011-09-05 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2011-09-05 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MKT-2011-09-05 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mlb:wpaper:1118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dandapani Lokanathan). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demelau.html .