The effect of satellite entry on cable television prices and product quality
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bresnahan, Timothy F., 1981. "Departures from marginal-cost pricing in the American automobile industry : Estimates for 1977-1978," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 201-227, November.
- Eugenio J. Miravete, 2005. "The Welfare Performance Of Sequential Pricing Mechanisms ," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1321-1360, November.
- Julie Holland Mortimer, 2005.
"Price Discrimination, Copyright Law, and Technological Innovation: Evidence from the Introduction of DVDs,"
NBER Working Papers
11676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mortimer, Julie Holland, 2007. "Price Discrimination, Copyright Law, and Technological Innovation: Evidence From The Introduction of DVDs," Scholarly Articles 3425914, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Michaela Draganska & Michael Mazzeo & Katja Seim, 2009.
"Beyond plain vanilla: Modeling joint product assortment and pricing decisions,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 105-146, June.
- Draganska, Michaela & Seim, Katja & Mazzeo, Michael, 2007. "Beyond Plain Vanilla: Modeling Joint Product Assortment and Pricing Decisions," Research Papers 1982, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Tasneem Chipty, 2001. "Vertical Integration, Market Foreclosure, and Consumer Welfare in the Cable Television Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(3), pages 428-453, June.
- Berry, Steven & Levinsohn, James & Pakes, Ariel, 1995. "Automobile Prices in Market Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(4), pages 841-890, July.
- Julie Holland Mortimer, 2007. "Price Discrimination, Copyright Law, and Technological Innovation: Evidence from the Introduction of DVDs," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 122(3), pages 1307-1350.
- Besanko, David & Donnenfeld, Shabtai & White, Lawrence J, 1988. "The Multiproduct Firm, Quality Choice, and Regulation," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(4), pages 411-429, June.
- Crawford, Gregory S & Shum, Matthew, 2007. "Monopoly Quality Degradation and Regulation in Cable Television," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(1), pages 181-219, February.
- Corts, Kenneth S, 1995. "Regulation of a Multi-product Monopolist: Effects on Pricing and Bundling," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 377-397, December.
- Thomas W. Hazlett & Matthew L. Spitzer, 1997. "Public Policy toward Cable Television," Books, American Enterprise Institute, number 53139, September.
- Austan Goolsbee & Amil Petrin, 2004. "The Consumer Gains from Direct Broadcast Satellites and the Competition with Cable TV," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(2), pages 351-381, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elena Argentesi & Paolo Buccirossi & Roberto Cervone & Tomaso Duso & Alessia Marrazzo, 2018. "Price or Variety? An Evaluation of Mergers Effects in Grocery Retailing," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1734, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Gregory S. Crawford & Oleksandr Shcherbakov & Matthew Shum, 2015.
"The welfare effects of endogenous quality choice in cable television markets,"
ECON - Working Papers
202, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Crawford, Gregory S. & Shcherbakov, Oleksandr & Shum, Matthew, 2015. "The Welfare Effects of Endogenous Quality Choice in Cable Television Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 10793, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David P. Byrne & Susumu Imai & Vasilis Sarafidis & Masayuki Hirukawa, 2015.
"Instrument-free Identification and Estimation of Differentiated Products Models,"
Working Paper Series
26, Economics Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- David Byrne & Susumu Imai & Vasilis Sarafidis & Masayuki Hirukawa, 2015. "Instrument-free Identification and Estimation of Differentiated Products Models," Working Papers 1336, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Ying Fan, 2013. "Ownership Consolidation and Product Characteristics: A Study of the US Daily Newspaper Market," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(5), pages 1598-1628, August.
- T. Randolph Beard, Jeffrey T. Macher, John W. Mayo, . "'Can you Hear Me Now?' Exit, Voice and Loyalty Under Increasing Competition," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(3).
- Miguel González-Maestre & Francisco Martínez-Sánchez, 2015.
"Quality choice and advertising regulation in broadcasting markets,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 114(2), pages 107-126, March.
- Francisco Martínez-Sánchez & Miguel González-Maestre, 2012. "Quality choice and advertising regulation in broadcasting markets," Working Papers. Serie AD 2012-03, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Marini, Marco A., 2016.
"Collusive Agreements in Vertically Differentiated Markets,"
75369, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marco A. Marini, 2017. "Collusive Agreements in Vertically Differentiated Markets," Working Papers 2017.29, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Elena Argentesi & Paolo Buccirossi & Roberto Cervone & Tomaso Duso & Alessia Marrazzo, 2018. "Price or Variety? An Evaluation of Mergers Effects in Grocery Retailing," CESifo Working Paper Series 7035, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:bla:jindec:v:65:y:2017:i:3:p:510-558 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. Scott Hiller, 2016. "The importance of quality: How music festivals achieved commercial success," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 40(3), pages 309-334, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:randje:v:41:y:2010:i:4:p:730-764. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/randdus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.