Long tail and destination management: the impact of market’s diversification on competitiviness in touristic services. The case of Garda Lake
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- P.J. Taylor & G. Catalano & D.R.F. Walker, 2002. "Exploratory Analysis of the World City Network," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(13), pages 2377-2394, December.
- Lanfranco Senn, 2002. "New economy, territorio e fiscalit?," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2002(1).
- Leo van den Berg & Erik Braun, 1999. "Urban Competitiveness, Marketing and the Need for Organising Capacity," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 36(5-6), pages 987-999, May.
- John De La Mothe & Geoff Mallory, 2006. "Constructing Advantage: Distributed Innovation and the Management of Local Economic Growth," Prometheus, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(1), pages 23-36.
- P.J. Taylor & G. Catalano & D.R.F. Walker, 2002. "Measurement of the World City Network," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 39(13), pages 2367-2376, December.
- Marcus Doel & Phil Hubbard, 2002. "Taking world cities literally: Marketing the city in a global space of flows," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 351-368, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luciano PILOTTI, 2011. "Urban ecology and cultural heritage values for a new emergent European city," Departmental Working Papers 2011-20, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Luiciano PILOTTI & Alessandra TEDESCHI-TOSCHI & Roberta APA, 2011. "La competitività ecologica dei sistemi territoriali tra identità, immagine e vantaggi “costruiti”. Quale marketing dei servizi turistici di fronte alla “long tail”?," Departmental Working Papers 2011-06, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Aurélie LALANNE & Guillaume POUYANNE, 2012. "Ten years of metropolization in economics: a bibliometric approach (In French)," Cahiers du GREThA (2007-2019) 2012-11, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- A. M. Artoli & A. G. Hoekstra & P. M. A. Sloot, 2003. "Accelerated Lattice Bgk Method For Unsteady Simulations Through Mach Number Annealing," International Journal of Modern Physics C (IJMPC), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(06), pages 835-845.
- Peter J. Taylor & David M. Evans & Michael Hoyler & Ben Derudder & Kathy Pain, 2009. "The UK Space Economy as Practised by Advanced Producer Service Firms: Identifying Two Distinctive Polycentric City‐Regional Processes in Contemporary Britain," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(3), pages 700-718, September.
- Derudder, Ben & Witlox, Frank, 2008. "Mapping world city networks through airline flows: context, relevance, and problems," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 305-312.
- BOURDEAU-LEPAGE, Lise & HURIOT, Jean-Marie, 2006. "Megacities vs. Global Cities. The institutional hypothesis," LEG - Document de travail - Economie 2006-05, LEG, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Gestion, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Brian Dollery & Michael Kortt & Bligh Grant, 2013.
"Options for rationalizing local government structure: a policy agenda,"
Chapters, in: Santiago Lago-Peñas & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez (ed.), The Challenge of Local Government Size, chapter 10, pages 242-262,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Brian Dollery & Michael Kortt & Bligh Grant, 2012. "Options for Rationalizing Local Government Structure: A Policy Agenda," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1207, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Jean-Marie Huriot & Lise Bourdeau-Lepage, 2006. "Megacities Vs Global Cities: Development and Institutions," ERSA conference papers ersa06p894, European Regional Science Association.
- Gary Warnaby & David Bennison & Dominic Medway, 2011. "Branding a Roman Frontier in the Twenty-first Century," Chapters, in: Andy Pike (ed.), Brands and Branding Geographies, chapter 15, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Delgado García, Juan Bautista & De Quevedo Puente, Esther, 2016. "The complex link of city reputation and city performance. Results for fsQCA analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 2830-2839.
- Belderbos, René & Du, Helen S. & Slangen, Arjen, 2020.
"When do firms choose global cities as foreign investment locations within countries? The roles of contextual distance, knowledge intensity, and target-country experience,"
Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 55(1).
- Rene Belderbos & H Du & Arjen Slangen, 2019. "When do firms choose global cities as foreign investment locations within countries? The roles of contextual distance, knowledge intensity, and target-country experience," Working Papers of Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven 640988, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven.
- Peter Mayerhofer & Oliver Fritz & Dieter Pennerstorfer, 2010. "Dritter Bericht zur internationalen Wettbewerbsfähigkeit Wiens," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 42430, November.
- Karima Kourtit & Peter Nijkamp & Mark D. Partridge & Karima Kourtit & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "In praise of megacities in a global world," Regional Science Policy & Practice, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(2), pages 167-182, June.
- Xingjian Liu & Ben Derudder & Frank Witlox & Michael Hoyler, 2014. "Cities As Networks within Networks of Cities: The Evolution of the City/Firm-Duality in the World City Network, 2000–2010," Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 105(4), pages 465-482, September.
- Douglas Chiguvi & Elvis Madondo & Zenzo Dube, 2019. "The Importance of Customer Relationship Management in the Local Government Authorities in Zimbabwe," Applied Economics and Finance, Redfame publishing, vol. 6(6), pages 15-29, November.
- Andrea Caragliu & Chiara Del Bo & Peter Nijkamp, 2012. "A Map of Human Capital in European Cities," Chapters, in: Marina van Geenhuizen & Peter Nijkamp (ed.), Creative Knowledge Cities, chapter 9, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- René Belderbos & Helen S. Du & Anthony Goerzen, 2017.
"Global Cities, Connectivity, and the Location Choice of MNC Regional Headquarters,"
Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(8), pages 1271-1302, December.
- Rene Belderbos & Helen S Du & Anthony Goerzen, 2017. "Global cities, connectivity, and the location choice of MNC regional headquarters," Working Papers of Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven 589986, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB), Department of Management, Strategy and Innovation, Leuven.
- Karl Aiginger & Matthias Firgo, 2015. "Regional Competitiveness Under New Perspectives. WWWforEurope Policy Paper No. 26," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 58501, November.
- Paulo Neto & Maria Manuel Serrano, 2011. "Governance and City Regeneration â€“ A New Methodological Approach for Design and Evaluation," ERSA conference papers ersa11p517, European Regional Science Association.
- Johan Jansson & Anders Waxell, 2011. "Quality and Regional Competitiveness," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 43(9), pages 2237-2252, September.
More about this item
KeywordsTourism competitiveness system; service quality; long tail;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mil:wpdepa:2011-07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: DEMM Working Papers The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask DEMM Working Papers to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/damilit.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.