Does it take two to tango? How to improve cooperation between the IMF and the World Bank
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marchesi, Silvia & Sabani, Laura & Dreher, Axel, 2011.
"Read my lips: The role of information transmission in multilateral reform design,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 86-98, May.
- Silvia Marchesi & Laura Sabani & Axel Dreher, 2009. "Read my lips: the role of information transmission in multilateral reform design," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 4, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Marchesi, Silvia & Sabani, Laura & Dreher, Axel, 2009. "Read my lips: The role of information transmission in multilateral reform design," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 86, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Silvia Marchesi & Laura Sabani & Axel Dreher, 2009. "Read my Lips: the Role of Information Transmission in multilateral reform design," Development Working Papers 274, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1998. "Whither the World Bank and the IMF?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 1983-2020, December.
- Heikki Rantakari, 2008. "Governing Adaptation -super-1," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(4), pages 1257-1285.
- William Easterly, 2008. "Institutions: Top Down or Bottom Up?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 95-99, May.
- Feinberg, Richard E., 1988. "The changing relationship between the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(03), pages 545-560, June.
- Sivlai Marchesi & Emanuela Sirtori, 2010. "Is two better than one? Effects on growth of Bank-Fund interaction," Working Papers 189, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2010.
- Michael Fabricius, 2007. "Merry Sisterhood or Guarded Watchfulness? Cooperation Between the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank," Working Paper Series WP07-9, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsIMF and WB conditionality; coordination; communication;
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mib:wpaper:232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matteo Pelagatti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpmibit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.