Does it take two to tango? How to improve cooperation between the IMF and the World Bank
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marchesi, Silvia & Sabani, Laura & Dreher, Axel, 2011.
"Read my lips: The role of information transmission in multilateral reform design,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 86-98, May.
- Silvia Marchesi & Laura Sabani & Axel Dreher, 2009. "Read my lips: the role of information transmission in multilateral reform design," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 4, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Marchesi, Silvia & Sabani, Laura & Dreher, Axel, 2009. "Read my lips: The role of information transmission in multilateral reform design," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 86, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Silvia Marchesi & Laura Sabani & Axel Dreher, 2009. "Read my Lips: the Role of Information Transmission in multilateral reform design," Development Working Papers 274, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- William Easterly, 2008. "Institutions: Top Down or Bottom Up?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 95-99, May.
- Feinberg, Richard E., 1988. "The changing relationship between the World Bank and the International Monetary Fund," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 42(03), pages 545-560, June.
- Anne O. Krueger, 1998. "Whither the World Bank and the IMF?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(4), pages 1983-2020, December.
- Heikki Rantakari, 2008. "Governing Adaptation -super-1," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 75(4), pages 1257-1285.
- Sivlai Marchesi & Emanuela Sirtori, 2010. "Is two better than one? Effects on growth of Bank-Fund interaction," Working Papers 189, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2010.
- Michael Fabricius, 2007. "Merry Sisterhood or Guarded Watchfulness? Cooperation Between the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank," Working Paper Series WP07-9, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsIMF and WB conditionality; coordination; communication;
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
- N2 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mib:wpaper:232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matteo Pelagatti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpmibit.html .