Methodological aspects of the SAVE data set
This paper describes the general design of the SAVE survey: the design of the questionnaire, inter-viewer and interviewee motivation, and the sampling designs of the various subsamples collected in 2001 and 2003. It discusses the representativeness of the data, explains the construction of weights, and provides probit regressions to analyze potential selectivity problems. The paper finishes by discussing implications for the use of the SAVE data in various estimation procedures.
|Date of creation:||21 Jun 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.mea.mpisoc.mpg.de/
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Winter, Joachim, 0000. "Bracketing effects in categorized survey questions and the measurement of economic quantities," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 02-35, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Ralf Rodepeter & Joachim K. Winter, 2000.
"Rules of Thumb in Life-Cycle Savings Models,"
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
1222, Econometric Society.
- Essig, Lothar & Winter, Joachim, 2009.
"Item non-response to financial questions in household surveys: An experimental study of interviewer and mode effects,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
20547, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Lothar Essig & Joachim K. Winter, 2009. "Item Non-Response to Financial Questions in Household Surveys: An Experimental Study of Interviewer and Mode Effects," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 30(Special I), pages 367-390, December.
- Essig, Lothar & Winter, Joachim, 2003. "Item nonresponse to financial questions in household surveys: An experimental study of interviewer and mode effects," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 05-18, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Lothar Essig & Joachim Winter, 2003. "Item nonresponse to financial questions in household surveys: An experimental study of interviewer and mode effects," MEA discussion paper series 03039, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, June.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, June.
- Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2001. "Asymptotic Properties Of Weighted M-Estimators For Standard Stratified Samples," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 451-470, April.
- F. Thomas Juster & James P. Smith, 2004. "Improving the Quality of Economic Data: Lessons from the HRS and AHEAD," Labor and Demography 0402010, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mea:meawpa:05080. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Henning Frankenberger)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.