A Grouping Genetic Algorithm for the Order Batching Problem in Distribution Warehouses
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sebastian Henn & Gerhard Wäscher, 2010. "Tabu Search Heuristics for the Order Batching Problem in Manual Order Picking Systems," FEMM Working Papers 100007, Otto-von-Guericke University Magdeburg, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Van Nieuwenhuyse, Inneke & de Koster, René B.M., 2009. "Evaluating order throughput time in 2-block warehouses with time window batching," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 654-664, October.
- Gibson, David R. & Sharp, Gunter P., 1992. "Order batching procedures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 57-67, April.
- Goncalves, Jose Fernando, 2007. "A hybrid genetic algorithm-heuristic for a two-dimensional orthogonal packing problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(3), pages 1212-1229, December.
- Petersen, Charles G. & Aase, Gerald, 2004. "A comparison of picking, storage, and routing policies in manual order picking," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 11-19, November.
More about this item
KeywordsWarehouse Management; Order Picking; Order Batching; Genetic Algorithms;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mag:wpaper:110026. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guido Henkel). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fwmagde.html .