On the Decomposition of the Gini Coefficient: an Exact Approach, with an Illustration Using Cameroonian Data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lambert, Peter J & Aronson, J Richard, 1993. "Inequality Decomposition Analysis and the Gini Coefficient Revisited," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(420), pages 1221-1227, September.
- Shorrocks, Anthony F, 1984. "Inequality Decomposition by Population Subgroups," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1369-1385, November.
- Pyatt, Graham, 1976. "On the Interpretation and Disaggregation of Gini Coefficients," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(342), pages 243-255, June.
- Podder, Nripesh & Chatterjee, Srikanta, 2002. "Sharing the national cake in post reform New Zealand: income inequality trends in terms of income sources," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 1-27, October.
- Donaldson, David & Weymark, John A., 1980. "A single-parameter generalization of the Gini indices of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 67-86, February.
- Silber, Jacques, 1989. "Factor Components, Population Subgroups and the Computation of the Gini Index of Inequality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 107-115, February.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2003:i:19:p:1-16 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lerman, Robert I & Yitzhaki, Shlomo, 1985. "Income Inequality Effects by Income," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 67(1), pages 151-156, February.
- John D. Hey & Peter J. Lambert, 1980. "Relative Deprivation and the Gini Coefficient: Comment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 95(3), pages 567-573.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Jean-Yves Duclos, 2007. "Poverty and Inequality Components: a Micro Framework," Cahiers de recherche 0735, CIRPEE.
- H. Lehmann & M. G. Silvagni, 2013.
"Is There Convergence of Russia’s Regions? Exploring the Empirical Evidence: 1995 – 2010,"
wp901, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Hartmut Lehmann & Maria Giulia Silvagni, 2013. "Is There Convergence of Russia's Regions?: Exploring the Empirical Evidence: 1995–2010," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 1083, OECD Publishing.
- Lehmann, Hartmut & Silvagni, Maria Giulia, 2013. "Is There Convergence of Russia's Regions? Exploring the Empirical Evidence: 1995–2010," IZA Discussion Papers 7603, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mbu Daniel Tambi & Francis Menjo Baye, 2012. "The change in Inequality in the Distribution of Living Standards," EuroEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 3(31), pages 97-111, August.
- Peter Lindner, 2015. "Factor decomposition of the wealth distribution in the euro area," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 42(2), pages 291-322, May.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Awoyemi Taiwo, 2006.
"Poverty and Inequality Nexus: Illustrations with Nigerian Data,"
AccessEcon, vol. 28(15), pages 1.
- Abdelkrim Araar & Awoyemi Taiwo Timothy, 2006. "Poverty and Inequality Nexus: Illustrations with Nigerian Data," Cahiers de recherche 0638, CIRPEE.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00446 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abdelkrim Araar, 2008. "On the Decomposition of Polarization Indices: Illustrations with Chinese and Nigerian Household Surveys," Cahiers de recherche 0806, CIRPEE.
- Nnaemeka Chukwuone & Ebele Amaechina & Sunday Emeka Enebeli-Uzor & Evelyn Iyoko & Benjamin Okpukpara, 2012. "Analysis of Impact of Remittance on Poverty in Nigeria," Working Papers PMMA 2012-09, PEP-PMMA.
- Jordi Teixidó-Figueras & Juan Duro, 2015. "International Ecological Footprint Inequality: A Methodological Review and Some Results," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 60(4), pages 607-631, April.
- Noglo, Yawo Agbenyegan, 2014. "Monetary inequality among households in Togo: An illustration based on the decomposition of the Gini coefficient using the Shapley value approach," WIDER Working Paper Series 151, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsEquity; Inequality; Decomposition; Shapley value;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D64 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Altruism; Philanthropy; Intergenerational Transfers
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-01-24 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:lacicr:0602. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cirpeca.html .