Measuring Total Factor Productivity and Variable Factor Utilisation: Sector Approach, The Case of Latvia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ludmila Fadejeva & Aleksejs Melihovs, 2010. "Measuring Total Factor Productivity and Variable Factor Utilization," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 63-101, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul M, 1986. "Increasing Returns and Long-run Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(5), pages 1002-1037, October.
- Robert J Barro, 1999. "Determinants of Economic Growth: Implications of the Global Evidence for Chile," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 36(107), pages 443-478.
- Hansen, Lars Peter, 1982. "Large Sample Properties of Generalized Method of Moments Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 1029-1054, July.
- Robert Dekle, 1994. "Technological progress and endogenous capital depreciation: evidence from the U.S. and Japan," International Finance Discussion Papers 485, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Basu, Susanto & Fernald, John G. & Shapiro, Matthew D., 2001.
"Productivity growth in the 1990s: technology, utilization, or adjustment?,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 117-165, December.
- Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2001. "Productivity growth in the 1990s: technology, utilization, or adjustment," Working Paper Series WP-01-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Susanto Basu & John G. Fernald & Matthew D. Shapiro, 2001. "Productivity Growth in the 1990s: Technology, Utilization, or Adjustment?," NBER Working Papers 8359, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Swan, Trevor W, 2002. "Economic Growth," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(243), pages 375-380, December.
- Dueker Michael & Fischer Andreas & Dittmar Robert, 2007.
"Stochastic Capital Depreciation and the Co-movement of Hours and Productivity,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 1-24, January.
- Dittmar, Robert & Dueker, Michael & Fischer, Andreas M, 2002. "Stochastic Capital Depreciation and the Comovement of Hours and Productivity," CEPR Discussion Papers 3192, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Dueker & Andreas Fischer & Robert D. Dittmar, 2002. "Stochastic Capital Depreciation and the Comovement of Hours and Productivity," Working Papers 02.01, Swiss National Bank, Study Center Gerzensee.
- Fischer, Andreas & Michael J Dueker & Robert D Dittmar, 2003. "Stochastic Capital Depreciation and the Comovement of Hours and Productivity," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 80, Royal Economic Society.
- Michael J. Dueker & Andreas M. Fischer & Robert Dittmar, 2004. "Stochastic capital depreciation and the comovement of hours and productivity," Working Papers 2002-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2000.
"Raising the Speed Limit: U.S. Economic Growth in the Information Age,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(1), pages 125-236.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2000. "Raising the Speed Limit: US Economic Growth in the Information Age," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 261, OECD Publishing.
- Hulten, Charles R., 1986. "Productivity change, capacity utilization, and the sources of efficiency growth," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 31-50.
- Dainis Stikuts, 2003. "Measuring Output Gap in Latvia," Working Papers 2003/02, Latvijas Banka.
- Nicholas Oulton & Sylaja Srinivasan, 2003. "Capital stocks, capital services, and depreciation: an integrated framework," Bank of England working papers 192, Bank of England.
- Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch & J. Ramón Ruiz-Tamarit, 2001.
"Optimal growth under endogenous depreciation, capital utilization and maintenance costs,"
Fundación SEPI, vol. 25(3), pages 543-559, September.
- Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch & J. Ramón Ruiz-Tamarit, "undated". "Optimal Growth under Endogenous Depreciation, Capital Utilization and Maintenance Costs," Working Papers 2000-23, FEDEA.
- Omar Licandro & Luis A. Puch González & J. Ramón Ruiz Tamaritz, 2001. "Optimal Growth under Endogeneous Depreciation, Capital Utilization and Maintenance Costs," Documentos de Trabajo del ICAE 0101, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales, Instituto Complutense de Análisis Económico.
- Jang-Ting Guo & Kevin J. Lansing, 2007.
"Maintenance expenditures and indeterminacy under increasing returns to scale,"
International Journal of Economic Theory,
The International Society for Economic Theory, vol. 3(2), pages 147-158.
- Jang-Ting Guo & Kevin J. Lansing, 2005. "Maintenance expenditures and indeterminacy under increasing returns to scale," Working Paper Series 2005-10, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Aleksejs Melihovs & Gundars Davidsons, 2006. "The Role of Production Progress and Human Capital in the Economic Growth of Latvia," Working Papers 2006/03, Latvijas Banka.
- T. W. Swan, 1956. "ECONOMIC GROWTH and CAPITAL ACCUMULATION," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 32(2), pages 334-361, November.
- Charlotta Groth & Soledad Nuñez & Sylaja Srinivasan, 2006. "Productivity growth, adjustment costs and variable factor utilisation: the UK case," Bank of England working papers 295, Bank of England.
- Good, David F. & Ma, Tongshu, 1999. "The economic growth of Central and Eastern Europe in comparative perspective, 1870 1989," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(02), pages 103-137, August.
- Hulten, Charles R. & Wykoff, Frank C., 1981. "The estimation of economic depreciation using vintage asset prices : An application of the Box-Cox power transformation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 367-396, April.
- David Cass, 1965. "Optimum Growth in an Aggregative Model of Capital Accumulation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(3), pages 233-240.
- Konstantins Benkovskis & Dainis Stikuts, 2006. "Latvia's Macroeconomic Model," Working Papers 2006/02, Latvijas Banka.
- Charlotta Groth, 2005. "Estimating UK capital adjustment costs," Bank of England working papers 258, Bank of England.
- Susanto Basu & Miles S. Kimball, 1997. "Cyclical Productivity with Unobserved Input Variation," NBER Working Papers 5915, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Oulton & Sylaja Srinivasan, 2005. "Productivity growth in UK industries, 1970-2000: structural change and the role of ICT," Bank of England working papers 259, Bank of England.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Konstantins Benkovskis & Ludmila Fadejeva & Julia Wörz, 2013.
"How Important Is Total Factor Productivity for Growth in Central, Eastern and Southeastern European Countries?,"
Focus on European Economic Integration,
Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank), issue 1, pages 8-27.
- Konstantins Benkovskis & Ludmila Fadejeva & Robert Stehrer & Julia Woerz, 2012. "How Important is Total Factor Productivity for Growth in Central, Eastern and Southeastern European Countries?," Working Papers 2012/05, Latvijas Banka.
- Tomáš Volek & Martina Novotná, 2015. "Gross Value Added and Total Factor Productivity In Czech Sectors," Contemporary Economics, University of Finance and Management in Warsaw, vol. 9(1), April.
More about this item
KeywordsTotal Factor Productivity; Solow residual; factor utilisation;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2009-08-22 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-SBM-2009-08-22 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TRA-2009-08-22 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ltv:wpaper:200903. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Konstantins Benkovskis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bolgvlv.html .