Wer trägt bei der Jahrestagung des Vereins für Socialpolitik vor?
The Annual Congress of the German Economic Association has become one of the largest national meetings of professional economists. The contributed papers at the Congress undergo a rigorous and competitive selection procedure where only about one half of all submissions are accepted for presentation. We analyze this selection process based on data from the Congresses held between 2005 and 2008. We find that the acceptance decision depends on the previous publication record of the submitting author and on the institution with which (s)he is affiliated. Moreover, the status of being a professor increases the likelihood of acceptance, whereas completion of a Ph.D.~degree, or even a habilitation, does not.
|Date of creation:||17 Dec 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstr. 28, 80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: http://www.vwl.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Friedrich Schneider, 2008. "Special Issue on the Economics of the Economics Profession: Editorial," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 397-401, November.
- Klaus Ritzberger, 2008. "A Ranking of Journals in Economics and Related Fields," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 402-430, November.
- Günther G. Schulze & Susanne Warning & Christian Wiermann, 2008.
"What and How Long Does It Take to Get Tenure? The Case of Economics and Business Administration in Austria, Germany and Switzerland,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 473-505, November.
- Susanne Warning & Christian Wiermann & Günther G. Schulze, 2008. "What and how long does it take to get tenure? The Case of Economics and Business Administration in Austria, Germany and Switzerland?," Discussion Paper Series 6, Department of International Economic Policy, University of Freiburg, revised Jul 2008.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 2003. "Where are the Economists Who Publish? Publication Concentration and Rankings in Europe Based on Cumulative Publications," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1250-1308, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lmu:muenec:8506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tamilla Benkelberg)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.