Wer trägt bei der Jahrestagung des Vereins für Socialpolitik vor?
The Annual Congress of the German Economic Association has become one of the largest national meetings of professional economists. The contributed papers at the Congress undergo a rigorous and competitive selection procedure where only about one half of all submissions are accepted for presentation. We analyze this selection process based on data from the Congresses held between 2005 and 2008. We find that the acceptance decision depends on the previous publication record of the submitting author and on the institution with which (s)he is affiliated. Moreover, the status of being a professor increases the likelihood of acceptance, whereas completion of a Ph.D.~degree, or even a habilitation, does not.
|Date of creation:||17 Dec 2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.vwl.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Susanne Warning & Christian Wiermann & Günther G. Schulze, 2008.
"What and how long does it take to get tenure? The Case of Economics and Business Administration in Austria, Germany and Switzerland?,"
Discussion Paper Series
6, Department of International Economic Policy, University of Freiburg, revised Jul 2008.
- Günther G. Schulze & Susanne Warning & Christian Wiermann, 2008. "What and How Long Does It Take to Get Tenure? The Case of Economics and Business Administration in Austria, Germany and Switzerland," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 473-505, November.
- Klaus Ritzberger, 2008. "A Ranking of Journals in Economics and Related Fields," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 402-430, November.
- Pierre-Philippe Combes & Laurent Linnemer, 2003. "Where are the Economists Who Publish? Publication Concentration and Rankings in Europe Based on Cumulative Publications," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1250-1308, December.
- Friedrich Schneider, 2008. "Special Issue on the Economics of the Economics Profession: Editorial," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 397-401, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lmu:muenec:8506. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandra Frank)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.