Quality of Statistical Match and Employment Simulations Used in the Estimation of the Levy Institute Measure of Time and Income Poverty (LIMTIP) for South Korea, 2009
The quality of match of the statistical match used in the LIMTIP estimates for South Korea in 2009 is described. The match combines the 2009 Korean Time Use Survey (KTUS 2009) with the 2009 Korean Welfare Panel Study (KWPS 2009). The alignment of the two datasets is examined, after which various aspects of the match quality are described. The match is of high quality, given the nature of the source datasets. The method used to simulate employment response to availability of jobs in the situation in which child-care subsidies are available is described. Comparisons of the donor and recipient groups for each of three stages of hot-deck statistical matching are presented. The resulting distribution of jobs, earnings, usual hours of paid employment, household production hours, and use of child-care services are compared to the distribution in the donor pools. The results do not appear to be anomalous, which is the best that can be said of the results of such a procedure.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ajit Zacharias & Thomas Masterson & Kijong Kim, 2009. "Distributional Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act-- A Microsimulation Approach," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_568, Levy Economics Institute.
- Hyunsub Kum & Thomas Masterson, 2008. "Statistical Matching Using Propensity Scores: Theory and Application to the Levy Institute Measure of Economic Wellbeing," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_535, Levy Economics Institute.
- Thomas Masterson, 2010. "Quality of Match for Statistical Matches Used in the 1992 and 2007 LIMEW Estimates for the United States," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_618, Levy Economics Institute.
- Thomas Masterson, 2012. "Simulations of Full-Time Employment and Household Work in the Levy Institute Measure of Time and Income Poverty (LIMTIP) for Argentina, Chile, and Mexico," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_727, Levy Economics Institute.
- Rebecca R. Andridge & Roderick J. A. Little, 2010. "A Review of Hot Deck Imputation for Survey Non-response," International Statistical Review, International Statistical Institute, vol. 78(1), pages 40-64, 04.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_793. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie-Celeste Edwards)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.