Risk Aversion, Intertemporal Elasticity of Substitution and Correlation Aversion
Intertemporal correlation aversion is an intuitive concept indicating whether an individual prefers lotteries concerning consumption at different moments in time to be positively or negatively correlated. I show that the difference between the coefficient of relative risk aversion and the inverse of the intertemporal elasticity of substitution is related, in a simple way, to the index of intertemporal correlation aversion.
|Date of creation:||May 2003|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: INRA-LEA, 48, Boulevard Jourdan, 75014 Paris, France|
Phone: 331 43136364
Fax: 331 43136362
Web page: http://www.inra.fr/Internet/Departements/ESR/UR/lea/index.html
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kihlstrom, Richard E. & Mirman, Leonard J., 1974. "Risk aversion with many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 361-388, July.
- Epstein, Larry G & Zin, Stanley E, 1989. "Substitution, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Consumption and Asset Returns: A Theoretical Framework," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 937-969, July.
- Philippe Weil, 1990. "Nonexpected Utility in Macroeconomics," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(1), pages 29-42.
- Epstein, Larry G., 1983. "Stationary cardinal utility and optimal growth under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 133-152, October.
- Finkelshtain, Israel & Kella, Offer & Scarsini, Marco, 1999.
"On risk aversion with two risks,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 239-250, March.
- Marco Scarsini & Israel Finkelshtain & Offer Kella, 1999. "On risk aversion with two risks," Post-Print hal-00540256, HAL.
- Scott F. Richard, 1975. "Multivariate Risk Aversion, Utility Independence and Separable Utility Functions," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 12-21, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)