Fertility Responses to Expectations of Child Mortality in a Tuscan Village 1700-1913: A Micro-Data Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Barro, Robert J & Becker, Gary S, 1989.
"Fertility Choice in a Model of Economic Growth,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 481-501, March.
- Robert J. Barro & Gary S. Becker, "undated". "Fertility Choice in a Model of Economic Growth," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 88-8, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Barro, R.J. & Becker, G.S., 1988. "Fertility Choice In A Model Of Economic Growth," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 88-8, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Cinnirella, Francesco & Klemp, Marc P B & Weisdorf, Jacob, 2012.
"Malthus in the Bedroom: Birth Spacing as a Preventive Check Mechanism in Pre-Modern England,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9116, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cinnirella, Francesco & Klemp, Marc P. B. & Weisdorf, Jacob L., 2013. "Malthus in the Bedroom: Birth Spacing as a Preventive Check Mechanism in Pre-Modern England," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 174, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Francesco Cinnirella & Marc P. B. Klemp & Jacob L. Weisdorf, 2012. "Malthus in the Bedroom: Birth Spacing as a Preventive Check Mechanism in Pre-Modern England," CESifo Working Paper Series 3936, CESifo Group Munich.
- Matthias Doepke, 2005.
"Child mortality and fertility decline: Does the Barro-Becker model fit the facts?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 337-366, June.
- Matthias Doepke, 2002. "Child Mortality and Fertility Decline: Does the Barro-Becker Model Fit the Facts?," UCLA Economics Working Papers 824, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Fenoaltea Stefano, 2002. "Textile production in Italy, 1861-1913," Rivista di storia economica, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 3-40.
More about this item
KeywordsFertility; Child mortality; Historical demography; Hazard model;
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-08-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2014-08-28 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2014-08-28 (Health Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2014-08-28 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kud:kuiedp:1411. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Hoffmann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/okokudk.html .