Outside options: Another reason to choose the first-price auction
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kirchkamp, Oliver & Poen, Eva & Rei, J. Philipp, 2009. "Outside options: Another reason to choose the first-price auction," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 153-169, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ockenfels, Axel & Selten, Reinhard, 2005.
"Impulse balance equilibrium and feedback in first price auctions,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 155-170, April.
- Axel Ockenfels & Reinhard Selten, 2002. "Impulse Balance Equilibrium and Feedback in First Price Auctions," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2002-12, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Axel Ockenfels & Reinhard Selten, 2004. "Impulse Balance Equilibrium and Feedback in First Price Auctions," Working Paper Series in Economics 7, University of Cologne, Department of Economics.
- J. Reiß & Jens Schöndube, 2010.
"First-price equilibrium and revenue equivalence in a sequential procurement auction model,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 43(1), pages 99-141, April.
- Reiss, J. Philipp & Schï¿½ndube Jens Robert, 2007. "First-Price Equilibrium and Revenue Equivalence in a Sequential Procurement Auction Model," Research Memorandum 003, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Gale Ian L. & Hausch Donald B., 1994. "Bottom-Fishing and Declining Prices in Sequential Auctions," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 318-331, November.
- Riley, John G & Samuelson, William F, 1981. "Optimal Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 381-392, June.
- Werner Güth & Radosveta Ivanova-Stenzel & Manfred Königstein & Martin Strobel, 2002. "Bid Functions in Auctions and Fair Division Games: Experimental Evidence," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 3(4), pages 461-484, November.
- Paul Pezanis-Christou & Abdolkarim Sadrieh, 2003.
"Elicited bid functions in (a)symmetric first-price auctions,"
85, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Pezanis-Christou, P. & Sadrieh, A., 2003. "Elicited Bid Functions in a (a)Symmetric First-Price Auctions," Discussion Paper 2003-58, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Paul Pezanis-Christou & Abdolkarim Sadrieh, 2003. "Elicited bid functions in (a)symmetric first-price auctions," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 578.03, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Guth, Werner & Ivanova-Stenzel, Radosveta, 2003.
"Asymmetric auction experiments with(out) commonly known beliefs,"
Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 195-199, August.
- Werner Güth & Radosveta Ivanova-Stenzel, "undated". "Asymmetric Auction Experiments With(out) Commonly Known Beliefs," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2002-36, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Kagel, John H & Harstad, Ronald M & Levin, Dan, 1987. "Information Impact and Allocation Rules in Auctions with Affiliated Private Values: A Laboratory Study," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(6), pages 1275-1304, November.
- Brosig, Jeannette & Rei[ss], J. Philipp, 2007. "Entry decisions and bidding behavior in sequential first-price procurement auctions: An experimental study," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 50-74, January.
- Todd Cherry & Peter Frykblom & Jason Shogren & John List & Melonie Sullivan, 2004.
"Laboratory Testbeds and Non-Market Valuation: The Case of Bidding Behavior in a Second-Price Auction with an Outside Option,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 29(3), pages 285-294, November.
- Todd L. Cherry & Peter Frykblom & John List & Jason Shogren & Melonie Williams, 2002. "Laboratory Testbeds and Nonmarket Valuation: The Case of Bidding Behavior in a Second Price Auction with an Outside Option," Working Papers 02-13, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Kirchkamp Oliver & Reiss J. Philipp & Sadrieh Abdolkarim, 2006. "A pure variation of risk in first-price auctions," Research Memorandum 058, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Maskin, Eric S & Riley, John G, 1984. "Optimal Auctions with Risk Averse Buyers," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(6), pages 1473-1518, November.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2003. "Auctions and the Price of Art," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(3), pages 763-787, September.
- William Vickrey, 1961. "Counterspeculation, Auctions, And Competitive Sealed Tenders," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 16(1), pages 8-37, March.
- Isaac, R Mark & James, Duncan, 2000. "Just Who Are You Calling Risk Averse?," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 177-187, March.
- Holt, Charles A, Jr, 1980. "Competitive Bidding for Contracts under Alternative Auction Procedures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(3), pages 433-445, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Teresa Briz & Andreas Drichoutis & Lisa House, 2015.
"Examining projection bias in experimental auctions: the role of hunger and immediate gratification,"
Agricultural and Food Economics,
Springer;Italian Society of Agricultural Economics (SIDEA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Teresa, Briz & Drichoutis, Andreas & Nayga, Rodolfo & House, Lisa, 2011. "Examining Projection Bias in Experimental Auctions: The Role of Hunger and Immediate Gratification," MPRA Paper 44764, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Mar 0013.
- Kirchkamp, Oliver & Reiss, J. Philipp & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim, 2008. "A pure variation of risk in private-value auctions," Research Memorandum 050, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Theodore L. Turocy & Elizabeth Watson, 2012.
"Reservation Values and Regret in Laboratory First-Price Auctions: Context and Bidding Behavior,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1163-1180, April.
- Elizabeth Watson & Theodore L. Turocy, 2011. "Reservation values and regret in laboratory first price auctions: Context and bidding behavior," Working Paper series, University of East Anglia, Centre for Behavioural and Experimental Social Science (CBESS) 11-14, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:137:y:2017:i:c:p:113-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ulrike Malmendier & Young Han Lee, 2011. "The Bidder's Curse," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(2), pages 749-787, April.
- Axel Ockenfels & David Reiley & Abdolkarim Sadrieh, 2006. "Online Auctions," NBER Working Papers 12785, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ivanova-Stenzel, Radosveta & Salmon, Timothy C., 2008.
"Revenue equivalence revisited,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 171-192, September.
- Ivanova-Stenzel, Radosveta & Salmon, Timothy C., 2006. "Revenue Equivalence Revisited," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 175, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Lorentziadis, Panos L., 2016. "Optimal bidding in auctions from a game theory perspective," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 248(2), pages 347-371.
- Sascha Füllbrunn & Tibor Neugebauer, 2013.
"Varying the number of bidders in the first-price sealed-bid auction: experimental evidence for the one-shot game,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 75(3), pages 421-447, September.
- Tibor Neugebauer & Sascha F llbrunn, 2013. "Varying the number of bidders in the first-price sealed-bid auction: experimental evidence for the one-shot game," LSF Research Working Paper Series 13-10, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Aniol Llorente-Saguer & Ro’i Zultan, 2014.
"Auction Mechanisms And Bidder Collusion: Bribes, Signals And Selection,"
1406, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- Aniol Llorente-Saguer & Roï¿½i Zultan, 2014. "Auction Mechanisms and Bidder Collusion: Bribes, Signals and Selection," Working Papers 734, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Llorente-Saguer, Aniol & Zultan, Ro'i, 2017. "Collusion and Information Revelation in Auctions," CEPR Discussion Papers 11944, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Aniol Llorente-Saguer & Ro'i Zultan, 2014. "Auction Mechanisms and Bidder Collusion: Bribes, Signals and Selection," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2014_18, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- repec:eee:eecrev:v:95:y:2017:i:c:p:84-102 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sascha Füllbrunn & Stefan Kreiner & Stefan Palan, 2015. "The value of a fallback option," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 23(2), pages 375-388, June.
More about this item
KeywordsExperiments; Auction; Expectations;
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-EXP-2008-03-25 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2008-03-25 (Game Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2008-022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .