Directional imbalance of freight rates : evidence from Japanese inter-prefectural data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kiyoyasu Tanaka & Kenmei Tsubota, 2017. "Directional imbalance in freight rates: evidence from Japanese inter-prefectural data," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(1), pages 217-232.
References listed on IDEAS
- Takahashi, Takaaki, 2011. "Directional imbalance in transport prices and economic geography," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 92-102, January.
- Behrens, Kristian & Picard, Pierre M., 2011.
"Transportation, freight rates, and economic geography,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 280-291.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & PICARD, Pierre M., 2008. "Transportation, freight rates, and economic geography," CORE Discussion Papers 2008040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kristian Behrens & Pierre M. Picard, 2011. "Transportation, freight rates, and economic geography," CREA Discussion Paper Series 11-02, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Braeutigam, Ronald R & Daughety, Andrew F & Turnquist, Mark A, 1982. "The Estimation of a Hybrid Cost Function for a Railroad Firm," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(3), pages 394-404, August.
- Behrens, Kristian & Gaigné, Carl & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2009.
"Industry location and welfare when transport costs are endogenous,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 195-208, March.
- Kristian Behrens & Carl Gaigné & Jacques-François Thisse, 2012. "Industry location and welfare when transport costs are endogenous," Post-Print hal-01208822, HAL.
- Carl Gaigne & Kristian Behrens, 2006.
"Density (dis)economies in transportation: revisiting the core-periphery model,"
AccessEcon, vol. 18(5), pages 1-7.
- BEHRENS, Kristian & GAIGNE, Carl, 2006. "Density (dis)economies in transportation: revisiting the core-periphery model," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1944, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Michael P. Murray, 2006. "Avoiding Invalid Instruments and Coping with Weak Instruments," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 20(4), pages 111-132, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tsubota, Kenmei, 2015. "Agglomeration and directional imbalance of freight rates : the role of density economies in the transport sector," IDE Discussion Papers 488, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Xu, Hangtian & Itoh, Hidekazu, 2016. "Density economies and transport geography: Evidence from the container shipping industry," MPRA Paper 75580, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsJapan; Transportation; Costs; Economic geography; Freight rates; Directional imbalance; Economies of density;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- L91 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Transportation: General
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-TRE-2014-02-08 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2014-02-08 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper441. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.