The Effect Of Futures Trading Activity On The Distribution Of Spot Market Returns
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, Nick & Dijk, Dick van & Franses, Philip Hans & Lucas, Andre, 2000.
"SETS, arbitrage activity, and stock price dynamics,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1289-1306, August.
- Nick Taylor & Dick van Dijk & Philip Hans Franses & André Lucas, 1999. "SETS, Arbitrage Activity, and Stock Price Dynamics," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-003/4, Tinbergen Institute.
- John Y. Campbell & Sanford J. Grossman & Jiang Wang, 1993.
"Trading Volume and Serial Correlation in Stock Returns,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(4), pages 905-939.
- John Y. Campbell & Sanford J. Grossman & Jiang Wang, 1992. "Trading Volume and Serial Correlation in Stock Returns," NBER Working Papers 4193, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang, Jiang & Grossman, Sanford & Campbell, John, 1993. "Trading Volume and Serial Correlation in Stock Returns," Scholarly Articles 3128710, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Miller, Merton H & Muthuswamy, Jayaram & Whaley, Robert E, 1994. " Mean Reversion of Standard & Poor's 500 Index Basis Changes: Arbitrage-Induced or Statistical Illusion?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 479-513, June.
- Stein, Jeremy C, 1987.
"Informational Externalities and Welfare-Reducing Speculation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(6), pages 1123-1145, December.
- Stein, Jeremy C., 1987. "Informational Externalities and Welfare-Reducing Speculation," Scholarly Articles 3660740, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M., 1987. "The Relation between Price Changes and Trading Volume: A Survey," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 109-126, March.
- M. Illueca & J. A. Lafuente, 2003. "The effect of spot and futures trading on stock index market volatility: A nonparametric approach," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(9), pages 841-858, September.
- Cox, Charles C, 1976. "Futures Trading and Market Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1215-1237, December.
- Dwyer, Gerald P, Jr & Locke, Peter R & Yu, Wei, 1996.
"Index Arbitrage and Nonlinear Dynamics between the S&P 500 Futures and Cash,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 301-332.
- Gerald P. Dwyer & Peter Locke & Wei Yu, 1995. "Index arbitrage and nonlinear dynamics between the S&P 500 futures and cash," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 95-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- John Board & Gleb Sandmann & Charles Sutcliffe, 2001.
"The Effect of Futures Market Volume on Spot Market Volatility,"
Journal of Business Finance & Accounting,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(7‐8), pages 799-819, September.
- John Board & Gleb Sandmann & Charles Sutcliffe, 2001. "The Effect of Futures Market Volume on Spot Market Volatility," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(7&8), pages 799-819.
- Tse, Yiuman, 2001. "Index arbitrage with heterogeneous investors: A smooth transition error correction analysis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(10), pages 1829-1855, October.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, Krishna Ramaswamy, 1988. "Index-Futures Arbitrage and the Behavior of Stock Index Futures Prices," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(2), pages 137-158.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- M. Illueca & J. Lafuente, 2008.
"Introducing the mini-futures contract on Ibex 35: implications for price discovery and volatility transmission,"
Spanish Economic Review,
Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 197-219, September.
- Juan A. Lafuente & Manuel Illueca Muñoz, 2004. "Introducing The Mini-Futures Contract On Ibex-35: Implications For Price Discovery And Volatility Transmission," Working Papers. Serie EC 2004-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Abdul Hakim & Michael McAleer, 2009.
"VaR Forecasts and Dynamic Conditional Correlations for Spot and Futures Returns on Stocks and Bonds,"
CIRJE-F-676, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Abdul Hakim & Michael McAleer, 2009. "VaR Forecasts and Dynamic Conditional Correlations for Spot and Futures Returns on Stocks and Bonds," CARF F-Series CARF-F-178, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Hakim, M.S. & McAleer, M.J., 2009. "VaR Forecast and Dynamic Conditional Correlations for Spot and Futures Returns on Stocks and Bonds," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2009-32, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsMercados de Futuros; Transmisión de volatilidad; Estimación kernel Futures markets; Volatility transmission; Kernel smoothing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivi:wpasec:2003-23. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ievages.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.