Consistent Specification Test For Ordered Discrete Choice Models
We discuss how to test consistently the specification of an ordereddiscrete choice model. Two approaches are considered: tests based onconditional moment restrictions and tests based on comparisons betweenparametric and nonparametric estimations. Following these approaches,various statistics are proposed and their asymptotic properties are discussed.The performance of the statistics is compared by means of simulations. Avariant of the standard conditional moment statistic and a generalization ofHorowitz-Spokoiny’s statistic perform best.
|Date of creation:||Jul 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published by Ivie|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +34 96 319 00 50
Fax: +34 96 319 00 55
Web page: http://www.ivie.es/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Murphy, Anthony, 1996. "Simple LM tests of mis-specification for ordered logit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 137-141, August.
- Andrew Weiss, 1997. "Specification tests in ordered logit and probit models," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 361-391.
- J. S. Butler & Patrali Chatterjee, 1997. "Tests of the Specification of Univariate and Bivariate Ordered Probit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(2), pages 343-347, May.
- Charles Calhoun, 1989. "Estimating the Distribution of Desired Family Size and Excess Fertility," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 24(4), pages 709-724.
- MacKinnon, James G, 1992. "Model Specification Tests and Artificial Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(1), pages 102-46, March.
- J M C Santos Silva, 1996.
"A Score Test for Non-nested Hypotheses with Applications to Discrete Data Models,"
96-28 ISSN 1350-6722, University College London, Department of Economics.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva, 2001. "A score test for non-nested hypotheses with applications to discrete data models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(5), pages 577-597.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1988. "Chi-Square Diagnostic Tests for Econometric Models: Theory," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(6), pages 1419-53, November.
- Klein, Roger & Sherman, Robert, 1997. "Estimating new product demand from biased survey data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1-2), pages 53-76.
- Tauchen, George, 1985. "Diagnostic testing and evaluation of maximum likelihood models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 415-443.
- Rosa L. Matzkin, 1988. "Nonparametric and Distribution-Free Estimation of the Binary Choice and the Threshold-Crossing Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 889, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Donald W. K. Andrews, 1997.
"A Conditional Kolmogorov Test,"
Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1097-1128, September.
- Horowitz, Joel L & Spokoiny, Vladimir G, 2001. "An Adaptive, Rate-Optimal Test of a Parametric Mean-Regression Model against a Nonparametric Alternative," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(3), pages 599-631, May.
- Roger W. Klein & Robert P. Sherman, 2002. "Shift Restrictions and Semiparametric Estimation in Ordered Response Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(2), pages 663-691, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ivi:wpasad:2006-17. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Departamento de Edición)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.