Equilibrium in Production and Futures Markets
This paper develops a general equilibrium analysis of production and futures markets with free entry/exit. It does so by analyzing partial equilibria with a reference utility level and entry/exit, first in a product market and then in a futures market. The markets are then considered jointly. Comparative statics results arise due to a mismatch between the source of disequilibrium and the compensation mechanism which restores reference utility. Risk aversion is a sufficient structure on preferences to determine most of the results. However, the well-known separation result is modified somewhat in the two-market model. Author Keywords: General equilibrium; Optimal hedge ratio; Separation
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||01 Jan 1997|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Journal of Economics and Business 1997, vol. 49, pp. 399-418|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Iowa State University, Dept. of Economics, 260 Heady Hall, Ames, IA 50011-1070|
Phone: +1 515.294.6741
Fax: +1 515.294.0221
Web page: http://www.econ.iastate.edu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chavas, Jean-Paul & Pope, Rulon D & Leathers, Howard, 1988. "Competitive Industry Equilibrium under Uncertainty and Free Entry," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(2), pages 331-44, April.
- Ormiston, Michael B & Schlee, Edward E, 1994. "Wage Uncertainty and Competitive Equilibrium in Labour Markets," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 61(242), pages 137-45, May.
- Appelbaum, Elie & Katz, Eliakim, 1986. "Measures of Risk Aversion and Comparative Statics of Industry Equilibrium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 524-29, June.
- Davis, George K, 1989. "Income and Substitution Effects for Mean-Preserving Spreads," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(1), pages 131-36, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:isu:genres:10673. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Curtis Balmer)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.