Production, Supply and Circulation of 'National' Gold Coins in Brazil (1720-1807)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Redish, Angela, 1984. "Why Was Specie Scarce in Colonial Economies? An Analysis of the Canadian Currency, 1796â€“1830," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(3), pages 713-728, September.
- Glassman, Debra & Redish, Angela, 1985. "New Estimates of the Money Stock in France, 1493â€“1680," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 31-46, March.
- Fantacci, Luca, 2005. "Complementary currencies: a prospect on money from a retrospect on premodern practices," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 43-61, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:scn:00rbes:y:2017:i:2:p:68-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:col:000485:017224 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBrazilian Mint Houses; Brazilian gold; Money Supply JEL classification: N13; N23; N43;
- N13 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N23 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N43 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - Europe: Pre-1913
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2015-11-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAM-2015-11-15 (Central & South America)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ise:gheswp:wp562015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Natalia Nobre). General contact details of provider: https://aquila1.iseg.ulisboa.pt/aquila/research/ghes .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.