Intergenerational Transmission of Inflation Aversion: Theory and Evidence
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Etienne Farvaque & Alexander Mihailov, 2008. "Intergenerational Transmission of Inflation Aversion: Theory and Evidence," Economics & Management Discussion Papers em-dp2008-71, Henley Business School, Reading University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brumm, Harold J., 2002. "Inflation and Central Bank independence revisited," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 205-209, October.
- Scheve, Kenneth, 2004. "Public Inflation Aversion and the Political Economy of Macroeconomic Policymaking," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 58(01), pages 1-34, February.
- María Sáez-Martí & Anna Sjögren, 2008. "Peers and Culture," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 110(1), pages 73-92, March.
- Krause, Stefan & Méndez, Fabio, 2008.
"Institutions, arrangements and preferences for inflation stability: Evidence and lessons from a panel data analysis,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 282-307, March.
- Stefan Krause & Fabio Mendez, 2005. "Institutions, Arrangements, and Preferences for Inflation Stability: Evidence and Lessons from a Panel Data Analysis," Emory Economics 0501, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Bisin, Alberto & Verdier, Thierry, 2000.
"A model of cultural transmission, voting and political ideology,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 5-29, March.
- Bisin, A. & Verdier, T., 1999. "A Model of Cultural Transmission, Voting and Political Ideology," Papers 1999-13, Laval - Laboratoire Econometrie.
- Bisin, A. & Verdier, T., 1999. "A model of cultural transmission, voting and political ideology," DELTA Working Papers 1999-13, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Berentsen, Aleksander & Strub, Carlo, 2009. "Central bank design with heterogeneous agents," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 139-152, February.
- Jon Faust, 1992. "Whom can we trust to run the Fed? Theoretical support for the founders' views," International Finance Discussion Papers 429, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hayo, Bernd, 1998. "Inflation culture, central bank independence and price stability," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 241-263, May.
- Pierpaolo Benigno & Luca Antonio Ricci, 2008.
"The Inflation-Unemployment Trade-Off at Low Inflation,"
NBER Working Papers
13986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luca A Ricci & Pierpaolo Benigno, 2009. "The Inflation-Unemployment Trade-off at Low Inflation," IMF Working Papers 09/34, International Monetary Fund.
- Stefan Krause & Fabio Méndez, 2005.
"Policy Makers' Preferences, Party Ideology, and the Political Business Cycle,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 71(4), pages 752-767, April.
- Stefan Krause & Fabio Mendez, 2003. "Policy Makers' Preferences, Party Ideology, and the Political Business Cycle," Emory Economics 0319, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Daniels, Joseph P. & VanHoose, David D., 2006. "Openness, the sacrifice ratio, and inflation: Is there a puzzle?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1336-1347, December.
- George A. Akerlof & William R. Dickens & George L. Perry, 1996. "The Macroeconomics of Low Inflation," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 27(1), pages 1-76.
- Bisin, Alberto & Verdier, Thierry, 2001.
"The Economics of Cultural Transmission and the Dynamics of Preferences,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 298-319, April.
- Bisin, A. & Verdier, T., 1997. "The Economics of Cultural Transmission and the Dynamics of Preferences," DELTA Working Papers 97-03, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Okina, Kunio & Shirakawa, Masaaki & Shiratsuka, Shigenori, 2001. "The Asset Price Bubble and Monetary Policy: Japan's Experience in the Late 1980s and the Lessons: Background Paper," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 19(S1), pages 395-450, February.
- Christopher Crowe & Ellen E. Meade, 2007. "The Evolution of Central Bank Governance around the World," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(4), pages 69-90, Fall.
- Jayadev, Arjun, 2006. "Differing preferences between anti-inflation and anti-unemployment policy among the rich and the poor," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 67-71, April.
- Nelson, Edward, 2008.
"Ireland and Switzerland: The jagged edges of the Great Inflation,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 700-732, May.
- Edward Nelson, 2006. "Ireland and Switzerland: the jagged edges of the Great Inflation," Working Papers 2006-016, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bullard, James & Waller, Christopher J, 2004. "Central Bank Design in General Equilibrium," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(1), pages 95-113, February.
- de Jong, Eelke, 2002. "Why are price stability and statutory independence of central banks negatively correlated? The role of culture," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 675-694, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hayo, Bernd & Neuenkirch, Edith, 2014.
"The German public and its trust in the ECB: The role of knowledge and information search,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 286-303.
- Bernd Hayo & Edith Neuenkirch, 2013. "The German Public and its Trust in the ECB: The Role of Knowledge and Information Search," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201347, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Neuenkirch, Edith & Hayo, Bernd, 2014. "The German Public and its Trust in the ECB: The Role of Knowledge and Information Search," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100312, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Ehrmann, Michael & Tzamourani, Panagiota, 2012. "Memories of high inflation," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 174-191.
- Hayat, Muhammad Azmat & Farvaque, Etienne, 2012.
"Public attitudes towards central bank independence: Lessons from the foundation of the ECB,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 512-523.
- Muhammad Azmat Hayat & Etienne Farvaque, 2012. "Public Attitudes towards Central Bank Independence: Lessons From the Foundation of the ECB," Working Papers hal-00988169, HAL.
- Verme, Paolo, 2009. "Happiness, Deprivation and the Alter Ego," IRISS Working Paper Series 2009-18, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Diouf, Ibrahima & Pépin, Dominique, 2017. "Gender and central banking," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 193-206.
- Diouf, Ibrahima & Pépin, Dominique, 2017.
"Gender and central banking,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 193-206.
More about this item
Keywordsintergenerational transmi ; evolving preferences ; inflation aversion ; central bank independence ; collective memory;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-09-26 (Central Banking)
- NEP-DGE-2009-09-26 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-MON-2009-09-26 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:irs:iriswp:2009-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Philippe Van Kerm). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepsslu.html .