Beyond Earthquakes: The New Directions of Expected Utility Theory
Over the past two decades or so, an enormous amount of work has been done to improve the Expected Utility model. Two areas have attracted major attention: the possibility of describing unforeseen contingencies and the need to accommodate the kind of behavior referred to in Ellsberg’s paradox. This essay surveys both.
|Date of creation:||2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published as "Beyond Earthquakes: The New Directions of Expected Utility Theory", Cuadernos de Economía, Vol. 42, Nº 126, pp. 209-255, 2005.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.puc.cl
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Larry G. Epstein & Martin Schneider, 2001.
RCER Working Papers
485, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Jürgen Eichberger & David Kelsey & Burkhard C. Schipper, 2009.
"Ambiguity and social interaction,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 61(2), pages 355-379, April.
- Eichberger, Jürgen & Kelsey, David & Schipper, Burkhard C., 2005. "Ambiguity and Social Interaction," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 59, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Eichberger, Jürgen & Kelsey, David & Schipper, Burkhard, 2003. "Ambiguity and Social Interaction," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 03-30, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Burkhard C. Schipper & David Kelsey, 2005. "Ambiguity and Social Interaction," Working Papers 536, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Jürgen Eichberger & David Kelsey & Burkhard C. Schipper, 2007. "Ambiguity and Social Interaction," Working Papers 0443, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics, revised May 2007.
- Jurgen Eichberger & David Kelsey & Burkhard C. Schipper, 2005. "Ambiguity and Social Interaction," Discussion Papers 0504, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Eichberger, Jürgen & Kelsey, David & Schipper, Burkhard, 2007. "Ambiguity and Social Interaction," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 07-19, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Juergen Eichberger & David Kelsey & Burkhard C. Schipper, 2003. "Ambiguity and Social Interaction," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse23_2003, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Oliver Hart & John Moore, 1985.
"Incomplete Contracts and Renegotiation,"
367, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Morris, Stephen, 1995. "The Common Prior Assumption in Economic Theory," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 227-253, October.
- Arrow, Kenneth J. & Hahn, Frank, 1999. "Notes on Sequence Economies, Transaction Costs, and Uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 203-218, June.
- repec:tpr:qjecon:v:87:y:1973:i:3:p:355-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- Drew Fudenberg & David K Levine, 2005. "Learning and Belief-Based Trade," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 42(126), pages 199-208.
- Martin J Osborne & Ariel Rubinstein, 2009.
"A Course in Game Theory,"
814577000000000225, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Fudenberg, D. & Levine, D.K., 1991.
"Self-Confirming Equilibrium ,"
581, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Radner, Roy, 1979. "Rational Expectations Equilibrium: Generic Existence and the Information Revealed by Prices," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 655-78, May.
- Robert J. Aumann, 1999. "Interactive epistemology I: Knowledge," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 263-300.
- Weller, Paul, 1978. "Consistent Intertemporal Decision-making under Uncertainty," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 263-66, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:doctra:260. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.