Explaining the gap between policy aspirations and implementation: The case of university knowledge transfer policy in the United Kingdom
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2000. "The dynamics of innovation: from National Systems and "Mode 2" to a Triple Helix of university-industry-government relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 109-123, February.
- Ouyang, Hongwu Sam, 2006. "Agency problem, institutions, and technology policy: Explaining Taiwan's semiconductor industry development," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 1314-1328, November.
- Nancy Holman, 2008.
"Community participation: using social network analysis to improve developmental benefits,"
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 26(3), pages 525-543, June.
- Nancy Holman, 2008. "Community Participation: Using Social Network Analysis to Improve Developmental Benefits," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 26(3), pages 525-543, June.
- Helen Lawton Smith, 2007.
"Universities, innovation, and territorial development: a review of the evidence,"
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(1), pages 98-114, February.
- Helen Lawton Smith, 2007. "Universities, Innovation, and Territorial Development: A Review of the Evidence," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 25(1), pages 98-114, February.
- Kevin Mole, 2002.
"Street-Level Technocracy in UK Small Business Support: Business Links, Personal Business Advisers, and the Small Business Service,"
Environment and Planning C,
, vol. 20(2), pages 179-194, April.
- Kevin Mole, 2002. "Street-level technocracy in UK small business support: Business Links, personal business advisers, and the Small Business Service," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 20(2), pages 179-194, April.
- Berman, Evan M., 1990. "The economic impact of industry-funded university R&D," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 349-355, August.
- Federica Rossi & Ainurul Rosli, 2013. "Indicators of university-industry knowledge transfer performance and their implications for universities: Evidence from the UK’s HE-BCI survey," Working Papers 13, Birkbeck Centre for Innovation Management Research, revised Aug 2013.
- Etzkowitz, Henry, 2003. "Research groups as 'quasi-firms': the invention of the entrepreneurial university," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 109-121, January.
- Rametsteiner, Ewald & Weiss, Gerhard, 2006. "Assessing policies from a systems perspecitve -- Experiences with applied innovation systems analysis and implications for policy evaluation," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(5), pages 564-576, July.
- Bekkers, Rudi & Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria, 2008. "Analysing knowledge transfer channels between universities and industry: To what degree do sectors also matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1837-1853, December.
- Sabatier, Paul A., 1986. "Top-Down and Bottom-Up Approaches to Implementation Research: a Critical Analysis and Suggested Synthesis," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(01), pages 21-48, January.
- Flanagan, Kieron & Uyarra, Elvira & Laranja, Manuel, 2011. "Reconceptualising the 'policy mix' for innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 702-713, June.
- Rudi Bekkers & Bodas Freitas, 2008. "Analysing preferences for knowledge transfer channels between universities and industry: To what degree do sectors also matter?," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-01487467, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lidia MAIER & Iulita BIRCA, 2015. "Spin-Off Companies And Their Role In Knowledge-Based Economy," ECONOMY AND SOCIOLOGY: Theoretical and Scientifical Journal, Socionet;Complexul Editorial "INCE", issue 3, pages 112-121.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-01-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2015-01-09 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-KNM-2015-01-09 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:img:wpaper:20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helen Lawton Smith). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dmbbkuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.