Economic Development Problems of Landlocked Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Milner, Chris & Westaway, Tony, 1993. "Country size and the medium-term growth process: Some cross-country evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 203-211, February.
- Vickerman, Roger, 1995. "Location, accessibility and regional development: the appraisal of trans-European networks," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 225-234, October.
- Lant Pritchett, 1997. "Divergence, Big Time," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 3-17, Summer.
- Frank Barry, 1996. "Peripherality in Economic Geography and Modern Growth Theory: Evidence from Ireland's Adjustment to Free Trade," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(3), pages 345-365, May.
- Giovanni Dosi & Keith Pavitt & Luc Soete, 1990. "The Economics of Technical Change and International Trade," LEM Book Series, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy, number dosietal-1990, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Raballand, Gael & Kunaka, Charles & Giersing, Bo, 2008. "The impact of regional liberalization and harmonization in road transport services : a focus on Zambia and lessons for landlocked countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4482, The World Bank.
- Gaël Raballand, 2003. "Determinants of the Negative Impact of Being Landlocked on Trade: An Empirical Investigation Through the Central Asian Case," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 45(4), pages 520-536, December.
- repec:taf:pocoec:v:28:y:2016:i:3:p:314-334 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ramesh C. Paudel, 2014.
"Economic Growth in Developing Countries: Is Landlockedness Destiny?,"
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 33(4), pages 339-361, December.
- Ramesh Chandra Paudel, 2014. "Economic Growth in Developing Countries: Is Landlockedness Destiny?," Departmental Working Papers 2014-01, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Diao, Xinshen & Fan, Shenggen & Headey, Derek & Johnson, Michael & Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2008. "Accelerating Africa's food production in response to rising food prices: Impacts and requisite actions," IFPRI discussion papers 825, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Abhishek Chakravarty & Matthias Parey & Greg C. Wright, 2017. "The Human Capital Legacy of a Trade Embargo," 2017 Papers pch906, Job Market Papers.
- Cárcamo-Díaz, Rodrigo, 2004. "Towards development in landlocked economies," Macroeconomía del Desarrollo 29, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Thomas Snow, Michael Faye, John McArthur and Jeffrey Sachs, 2003. "Country case studies on the challenges facing landlocked developing countries," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2003-11, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Michael Faye & John McArthur & Jeffrey Sachs & Thomas Snow, 2004. "The Challenges Facing Landlocked Developing Countries," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 31-68.
- Amin, Mohammad & Kuntchev, Veselin & Schmidt, Martin, 2015. "Gender inequality and growth: the case of rich vs. poor countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7172, The World Bank.
- Burgoa, Rodrigo, 2011.
"Consecuencias económicas del enclaustramiento marítimo sobre las exportaciones bolivianas
[Landlockedness Economic Impact upon Bolivian Exports]," MPRA Paper 59904, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Charles Kunaka, 2011. "Logistics in Lagging Regions : Overcoming Local Barriers to Global Connectivity," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2543, October.
- Jean-François Arvis & Gaël Raballand & Jean-François Marteau, 2010.
"The Cost of Being Landlocked : Logistics Costs and Supply Chain Reliability,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 2489, October.
- Arvis, Jean-Francois & Raballand, Gael & Marteau, Jean-Francois, 2007. "The cost of being landlocked : logistics costs and supply chain reliability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4258, The World Bank.
- Sandra Poncet, 2006. "Economic Integration of Yunnan with the Greater Mekong Subregion ," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 20(3), pages 303-317, September.
- Sen, S. K. & Mukhopadhyay, I & Gupta, S, 2011. "Optimal pricing policy of continental transit route: a study of Kolkata-Agartala transit route," MPRA Paper 41005, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 04 Apr 2012.
- Lahiri, Bidisha & Masjidi, Feroz K., 2012. "Landlocked Countries: A Way to Integrate with Coastal Economies," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 27, pages 505-519.
- Sen, S. K. & Mukhopadhyay, I & Gupta, S, 2011. "A Game Theoretic Analysis of a Regional Approach toward the Sustainability of Kolkata-Agartala Transit Route," MPRA Paper 39118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Byrd & Martin Raiser, 2006. "Economic Cooperation in the Wider Central Asia Region," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6969, October.
- Chandra, Vandana & Osorio Rodarte, Israel, 2009. "Options for Income-Enhancing Diversification in Burkina Faso," MPRA Paper 20928, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic growth; Geography; Trade; Landlocked;
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ihs:ihstep:14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Doris Szoncsitz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deihsat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.