Networking as a Route for Corporate Foresight in SMEs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mockaitis, Audra I. & Vaiginiene, Erika & Giedraitis, Vincent, 2006.
"The internationalization efforts of lithuanian manufacturing firms--strategy or luck?,"
Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 111-126, March.
- Audra I.Mockaitis & Erika Vaiginiene & Vincent Giedraitis, 2005. "The Internationalization Efforts of Lithuanian Manufacturing Firms - Strategy of Luck?," Industrial Organization 0502001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Audra I.Mockaitis & Erika Vaiginene & Vincent Giedraitis, 2005. "The Internationalization Efforts Of Lithuanian Manufacturing Firms - Strategy Or Luck?," Industrial Organization 0501007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roberto Camagni, 1993. "Inter-Firm Industrial Networks:," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 1-15.
- Kerstin Cuhls, 2003. "From forecasting to foresight processes-new participative foresight activities in Germany," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2-3), pages 93-111.
- David J. Teece & Gary Pisano & Amy Shuen, 1997. "Dynamic capabilities and strategic management," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(7), pages 509-533, August.
- H. Igor Ansoff, 1980. "Strategic issue management," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(2), pages 131-148, April.
- Kathleen M. Eisenhardt & Jeffrey A. Martin, 2000. "Dynamic capabilities: what are they?," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(10‐11), pages 1105-1121, October.
- Charles HARVIE & Dionisius NARJOKO & Sothea OUM, 2010. "Firm Characteristic Determinants of SME Participation in Production Networks," Working Papers DP-2010-11, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Dunn, Mark G. & Norburn, David & Birley, Sue, 1994. "The impact of organizational values, goals, and climate on marketing effectiveness," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 131-141, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Konstantin Vishnevskiy & Dirk Meissner & Olga Egorova, 2015. "Foresight for SMEs: How to Overcome the Limitations in Small Firms?," HSE Working papers WP BRP 45/STI/2015, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Timofei Nestik, 2018. "The Psychological Aspects of Corporate Foresight," Foresight and STI Governance (Foresight-Russia till No. 3/2015), National Research University Higher School of Economics, vol. 12(2), pages 78-90.
- Pouru, Laura & Dufva, Mikko & Niinisalo, Tarja, 2019. "Creating organisational futures knowledge in Finnish companies," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 84-91.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lisa-Marie Semke & Victor Tiberius, 2020. "Corporate Foresight and Dynamic Capabilities: An Exploratory Study," Forecasting, MDPI, vol. 2(2), pages 1-14, June.
- Roy Suddaby & Diego Coraiola & Charles Harvey & William Foster, 2020. "History and the micro‐foundations of dynamic capabilities," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 530-556, March.
- Tobias Knabke & Sebastian Olbrich, 2018. "Building novel capabilities to enable business intelligence agility: results from a quantitative study," Information Systems and e-Business Management, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 493-546, August.
- FeCheng Ma & Farhan Khan & Kashif Ullah Khan & Si XiangYun, 2021. "Investigating the Impact of Information Technology, Absorptive Capacity, and Dynamic Capabilities on Firm Performance: An Empirical Study," SAGE Open, , vol. 11(4), pages 21582440211, November.
- Dominik M. Wielgos & Christian Homburg & Christina Kuehnl, 2021. "Digital business capability: its impact on firm and customer performance," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 49(4), pages 762-789, July.
- Kim, Jongwook & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2008. "A Strategic Theory of the Firm as a Nexus of Incomplete Contracts: A Property Rights Approach," Working Papers 08-0108, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Anil K. Gupta & Paul E. Tesluk & M. Susan Taylor, 2007. "Innovation At and Across Multiple Levels of Analysis," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 18(6), pages 885-897, December.
- Claudio Vitari & Elisabetta Raguseo, 2016. "Big data value and financial performance: an empirical investigation [Digital data, dynamic capability and financial performance: an empirical investigation in the era of Big Data]," Post-Print halshs-01923271, HAL.
- Zhonghua Zhao & Fanchen Meng & Yin He & Zhouyang Gu, 2019. "The Influence of Corporate Social Responsibility on Competitive Advantage with Multiple Mediations from Social Capital and Dynamic Capabilities," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 11(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Prasad Pant, Laxmi & Hambly Odame, Helen & Hall, Andy & Sulaiman, Rasheed, 2008. "Learning Networks Matter: Challenges to Developing Learning-Based Competence in Mango Production and Post-Harvest in Andhra Pradesh, India," MERIT Working Papers 2008-069, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Genevieve Musca, 2007. "La construction de compétences dans l'action," Post-Print hal-01517916, HAL.
- Isabelle Le Bretonâ€“Miller & Danny Miller, 2006. "Why Do Some Family Businesses Outâ€“Compete? Governance, Longâ€“Term Orientations, and Sustainable Capability," Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, , vol. 30(6), pages 731-746, November.
- Hongyi Mao & Zongjun Wang & Lin Yi, 2021. "Does Entrepreneurial Orientation Lead to Successful Sustainable Innovation? The Evidence from Chinese Environmentally Friendly Companies," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(18), pages 1-18, September.
- de Camargo Fiorini, Paula & Roman Pais Seles, Bruno Michel & Chiappetta Jabbour, Charbel Jose & Barberio Mariano, Enzo & de Sousa Jabbour, Ana Beatriz Lopes, 2018. "Management theory and big data literature: From a review to a research agenda," International Journal of Information Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 112-129.
- Yi-Ju Lo & Tung Hung, 2015. "Structure offshoring and returns on offshoring," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 443-479, June.
- Kazadi, Kande & Lievens, Annouk & Mahr, Dominik, 2016. "Stakeholder co-creation during the innovation process: Identifying capabilities for knowledge creation among multiple stakeholders," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 525-540.
- Matanda, Margaret Jekanyika & Freeman, Susan, 2009. "Effect of perceived environmental uncertainty on exporter-importer inter-organisational relationships and export performance improvement," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 89-107, February.
- Garcia Martinez, Marian & Zouaghi, Ferdaous & Garcia Marco, Teresa & Robinson, Catherine, 2019. "What drives business failure? Exploring the role of internal and external knowledge capabilities during the global financial crisis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 441-449.
- Hazhir Rahmandad, 2012. "Impact of Growth Opportunities and Competition on Firm-Level Capability Development Trade-offs," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 138-154, February.
- Zhang-Zhang, YingYing & Rohlfer, Sylvia & Varma, Arup, 2022. "Strategic people management in contemporary highly dynamic VUCA contexts: A knowledge worker perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 587-598.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate foresight; networking; SMEs; weak signals; weak tie networks; strong tie networks; Lithuania;
All these keywords.
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - General
- O52 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Europe
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2011-08-02 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2011-08-02 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-PPM-2011-08-02 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-SBM-2011-08-02 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ieu:wpaper:31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ieunlpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: António Brandão Moniz (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ieunlpt.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.