Targeting Inflation in a Dollarized Economy: The Peruvian Experience
This discusses the unique experience of Peru's Central Bank with inflation targeting in an economy characterized by a high degree of financial dollarization. The paper outlines how Peru has taken financial dollarization into consideration in the design of monetary policy, then deals with monetary policy implementation and the Central Bank's strategy for controlling financial dollarization risks. The paper concludes with analysis and lessons drawn from the Peruvian case.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/publications/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Miguel A. Savastano, 2014.
"Addicted to Dollars,"
Annals of Economics and Finance,
Society for AEF, vol. 15(1), pages 1-50, May.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Miguel A. Savastano, 2003. "Addicted to Dollars," CEMA Working Papers 594, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff & Miguel A. Savastano, 2003. "Addicted to Dollars," NBER Working Papers 10015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gulbin Sahinbeyoglu, 2001. "Monetary Transmission Mechanism : A View From A High Inflationary Environment," Discussion Papers 0101, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Luis Carranza & José E. Galdón-Sánchez & Javier Gómez Biscarri, 2004.
"Exchange Rate and Inflation Dynamics in Dollarized Economies,"
Faculty Working Papers
10/04, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Carranza, Luis & Galdon-Sanchez, Jose E. & Gomez-Biscarri, Javier, 2009. "Exchange rate and inflation dynamics in dollarized economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 98-108, May.
- Luque, Javier & Vega, Marco, 2003. "Usando un modelo semi-estructural de pequeña escala para hacer proyecciones: Algunas consideraciones," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 10.
- Carlos Montoro & Paul Castillo & Vicente Tuesta, 2006. "From Money Aggregates to Interest Rate Rules in a Small Open Economy: A Second Order Approach," Computing in Economics and Finance 2006 17, Society for Computational Economics.
- Vega, Marco, 2003. "Reportando la distribución de la proyección de inflación," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 10.
- Tomasz Lyziak, 2002. "Monetary transmission mechanism in Poland.The strenght and delays," National Bank of Poland Working Papers 26, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute.
- Paulo Springer de Freitas & Marcelo Kfoury Muinhos, 2001. "A Simple Model for Inflation Targeting in Brazil," Working Papers Series 18, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Javier Gómez & Juan Manuel Julio, . "Transmission Mechanisms and Inflation Targeting: The Case of Colombia Disinflation," Borradores de Economia 168, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Gonzalo Llosa/Shirley Miller, 2004. "Using additional information in estimating output gap in Peru: a multivariate unobserved component approach," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 243, Econometric Society.
- Eduardo Levy Yeyati & Alain Ize, 1998. "Dollarization of Financial Intermediation; Causes and Policy Implications," IMF Working Papers 98/28, International Monetary Fund.
- Luis Carranza & Juan M. Cayo & José E. Galdón-Sánchez, 2003.
"Exchange Rate Volatility and Economic Performance in Peru: A Firm Level Analysis,"
Faculty Working Papers
12/03, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Carranza, Luis J. & Cayo, Juan M. & Galdon-Sanchez, Jose E., 2003. "Exchange rate volatility and economic performance in Peru: a firm level analysis," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 472-496, December.
- Adam Bennett & Eduardo Borensztein & TomÃ¡s J. T. BaliÃ±o, 1999. "Monetary Policy in Dollarized Economies," IMF Occasional Papers 171, International Monetary Fund.
- Armas, Adrián & Grippa, Francisco & Quispe, Zenón & Valdivia, Luis, 2001. "De metas monetarias a metas de inflación en una economía con dolarización parcial: El caso peruano," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 7.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:brikps:6827. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.