Erwerbseinstieg und bisheriges Erwerbsleben der deutschen Babyboomerkohorten 1959 und 1965 : Vorarbeiten zu einer Kohortenstudie
"With an ageing German work force, the relationship between work and workload with individual health and workability is of increasing public interest. The German Cohort Study on Work, Age and Health 'lidA - leben in der Arbeit' is designed to further investigate precisely this relationship, examining the birth cohorts of 1959 and 1965 exemplarily. Both cohorts were born during the German baby boom following the Second World War. Currently, they are on the threshold to higher working age. This report summarizes some preparatory work to the lidA-study and provides a detailed description of the labor market entry and labor participation of both cohorts considered in the lidA-study. Although growing up under similar institutional settings, members of the two birth cohorts have been confronted with different opportunities and constraints. While both cohorts have benefited from the educational expansion, their labor market entry was also determined by the labor market crises of the 1980s which affected them at different times of their labor-market entry phase. Nevertheless, the majority of the two cohorts was able to establish their careers later on. Rather, differences in labor force participation are seen in particular between men and women and between East and West German regions." (Author's abstract, IAB-Doku) ((en)) Additional Information Weitere Informationen zum Projekt lidA. Die Webseite des lidA-Projekts.
|Date of creation:||15 Nov 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Regensburger Str. 104, D-90327 Nürnberg|
Web page: http://www.iab.de/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Achim Schmillen & Joachim Möller, 2009.
"Determinants of Lifetime Unemployment - A Micro Data Analysis with Censored Quantile Regressions,"
275, Institut für Ost- und Südosteuropaforschung (Institute for East and South-East European Studies).
- Achim Schmillen & Joachim Möller, 2010. "Determinants of Lifetime Unemployment. A Micro Data Analysis with Censored Quantile Regressions," Working Papers 090, Bavarian Graduate Program in Economics (BGPE).
- Schmillen, Achim & Möller, Joachim, 2010. "Determinants of lifetime unemployment : a micro data analysis with censored quantile regressions," IAB Discussion Paper 201003, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Schmillen, Achim & Möller, Joachim, 2010. "Determinants of Lifetime Unemployment: A Micro Data Analysis with Censored Quantile Regressions," IZA Discussion Papers 4751, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Oberschachtsiek, Dirk & Scioch, Patrycja & Seysen, Christian & Heining, Jörg, 2009. "Stichprobe der Integrierten Erwerbsbiografien IEBS : Handbuch für die IEBS in der Fassung 2008," FDZ Datenreport. Documentation on Labour Market Data 200903_de, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- repec:iab:iabzaf:v:43:i:2:p:125-143 is not listed on IDEAS Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iab:iabfob:201108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IAB, Geschäftsbereich Dokumentation und Bibliothek)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.