Tail Conditional Expectation for vector-valued Risks
In his paper we introduce a quantile-based risk measure for multivariate financial positions "the vector-valued Tail-conditional-expectation (TCE)". We adopt the framework proposed by Jouini, Meddeb, and Touzi  to deal with multi-assets portfolios when one accounts for frictions in the financial market. In this framework, the space of risks formed by essentially bounded random vectors, is endowed with some partial vector preorder >= accounting for market frictions. In a first step we provide a definition for quantiles of vector-valued risks which is compatible with the preorder >=. The TCE is then introduced as a natural extension of the "classical" real-valued tail-conditional-expectation. Our main result states that for continuous distributions TCE is equal to a coherent vector-valued risk measure. We also provide a numerical algorithm for computing vector-valued quantiles and TCE.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Spandauer Str. 1,10178 Berlin|
Web page: http://sfb649.wiwi.hu-berlin.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elyès Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004.
"Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Carlo Acerbi & Dirk Tasche, 2001.
"On the coherence of Expected Shortfall,"
cond-mat/0104295, arXiv.org, revised May 2002.
- Cheridito, Patrick & Delbaen, Freddy & Kupper, Michael, 2004. "Coherent and convex monetary risk measures for bounded càdlàg processes," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 1-22, July.
- Stefan Jaschke & Uwe Küchler, 2001. "Coherent risk measures and good-deal bounds," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 181-200.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hum:wpaper:sfb649dp2006-029. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RDC-Team)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.