Family and Fertility in Poland: Changes during the Transition Period
Poland like other East European Countries experienced a lot of changes in course of demographic processes during the transition period. I this paper the main concern is put on presentation and evaluation of family and fertility changes during the transition period, ie,. years 1989-2001. The evaluation of changes in Poland is presented in comparison to the selected European Countries. The paper trys to give answer to the following questions: . How has fertility changed in Poland?; How have family formation and dissolution changed in Poland?; Have the observed changes in the patterns of fertility, family formation and dissolution had an effect on family life cycle in Poland? How should the changes in fertility patterns and the family model be assessed and interpreted?; How is Poland ranking in Europe with her changes in fertility and family?; What are the main problems concerning the family and fertility, which can and should be topics for further discussion in Poland?
|Date of creation:||Mar 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 2-1 Naka, Kunitachi City, Tokyo 186-8603|
Web page: http://cis.ier.hit-u.ac.jp/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tomas Sobotka, 2003. "Tempo-quantum and period-cohort interplay in fertility changes in Europe," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 8(6), pages 151-214, April.
- repec:cai:poeine:pope_203_0447 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dimiter Philipov, 2002. "Fertility in times of discontinuous societal change: the case of Central and Eastern Europe," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2002-024, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- FFF1Johan NNN1Surkyn & FFF2Ron NNN2Lesthaeghe, 2004. "Value Orientations and the Second Demographic Transition (SDT) in Northern, Western and Southern Europe: An Update," Demographic Research Special Collections, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 3(3), pages 45-86, April.
- repec:cai:poeine:pope_203_0417 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco C. Billari & Chris Wilson, 2001. "Convergence towards diversity? Cohort dynamics in the transition to adulthood in contemporary Western Europe," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2001-039, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Hans-Peter Kohler & José A. Ortega, 2001. "Tempo-adjusted period parity progression ratios: Assessing the implications of delayed childbearing for cohort fertility in Sweden, the Netherlands and Spain," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2001-035, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- repec:cai:poeine:pope_203_0475 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hit:piedp1:206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Digital Resources Section, Hitotsubashi University Library)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.