Leniency program and cartel deterrence in Russia: effects assessment
The empirical assessment of leniency program (LP) in Russia shows the effects of changes in the rules on the behavior of market participants. In this paper we test hypotheses about LP enforcement against the characteristics of cartels: their subject, duration and the number of participants. We show that LP in Russia makes enforcement of the behavior of market participants less effective and accordingly reduces cartel discoveries. However the reforms of Program in 2009 give some positive results
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in WP BRP Series: Public Administration / PA, November 2013, pages 1-22|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Myasnitskaya 20, Moscow 101000|
Web page: http://www.hse.ru/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cécile Aubert, 2005.
"The Impact of Leniency and Whistle-blowing Programs on Cartels,"
- Aubert, Cecile & Rey, Patrick & Kovacic, William E., 2006. "The impact of leniency and whistle-blowing programs on cartels," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 1241-1266, November.
- Cécile Aubert & Patrick Rey & William Kovacic, 2006. "The Impact of Leniency and Whistle-blowing Programs on Cartels," Post-Print hal-00151654, HAL.
- Cécile Aubert, 2005. "The Impact of Leniency and Whistle-blowing Programs on Cartels," Post-Print hal-00278558, HAL.
- S. Avdasheva & A. Shastitko., 2011. "Economic Analysis in Cases Settled According to the Law "On the Protection of Competition"," VOPROSY ECONOMIKI, N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 2.
- Marvao, Catarina, 2014. "The EU Leniency Programme and Recidivism," SITE Working Paper Series 27, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Andrey Shastitko & Svetlana Avdasheva, 2011. "Introduction of Leniency Programs for Cartel Participants: The Russian Case," Antitrust Chronicle, Competition Policy International, vol. 8.
- Motchenkova, E., 2004.
"Effects of Leniency Programs on Cartel Stability,"
2004-020, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13637 is not listed on IDEAS
- Svetlana Avdasheva & Andrei Shastitko, 2011. "Russian anti-trust policy: power of enforcement versus quality of rules," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 493-505, June.
- Fraas, Arthur G & Greer, Douglas F, 1977. "Market Structure and Price Collusion: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 21-44, September.
- Klein, Gordon J., 2010. "Cartel destabilization and leniency programs: Empirical evidence," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-107, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- James W. Friedman, 1971. "A Non-cooperative Equilibrium for Supergames," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 1-12.
- Andrei Yakovlev & Olga Demidova, 2012. "Access of firms to public procurement in Russia in the 2000s: before and after radical reform of regulation," International Journal of Economic Policy in Emerging Economies, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 5(2), pages 140-157.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hig:wpaper:06/pa/2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamil Abdulaev)or (Victoria Elkina)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.