Comparing Centralized and Decentralized Banking: A Study of the Risk-Return Profiles of Banks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Canales, Rodrigo & Nanda, Ramana, 2012.
"A darker side to decentralized banks: Market power and credit rationing in SME lending,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 353-366.
- Rodrigo Canales & Ramana Nanda, 2008. "A Darker Side to Decentralized Banks: Market Power and Credit Rationing in SME Lending," Harvard Business School Working Papers 08-101, Harvard Business School, revised Aug 2011.
- Uchida, Hirofumi & Udell, Gregory F. & Watanabe, Wako, 2008.
"Bank size and lending relationships in Japan,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, pages 242-267.
- Hirofumi Uchida & Gregory F. Udell & Wako Watanabe, 2006. "Bank Size and Lending Relationships in Japan," Discussion papers 06029, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Hirofumi Uchida & Gregory F.Udell & Wako Watanabe, 2007. "Bank Size and Lending Relationships in Japan," NBER Working Papers 13005, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Allen, Franklin, 1990. "The market for information and the origin of financial intermediation," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, pages 3-30.
- Chauvet, Marcelle & Piger, Jeremy, 2008.
"A Comparison of the Real-Time Performance of Business Cycle Dating Methods,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, pages 42-49.
- Marcelle Chauvet & Jeremy M. Piger, 2005. "A comparison of the real-time performance of business cycle dating methods," Working Papers 2005-021, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jose M. Liberti & Atif R. Mian, 2009. "Estimating the Effect of Hierarchies on Information Use," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, pages 4057-4090.
- Mark Carey, 1998. "Credit Risk in Private Debt Portfolios," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(4), pages 1363-1387, August.
- Boot, Arnoud W. A., 2000. "Relationship Banking: What Do We Know?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, pages 7-25.
More about this item
Keywordslending; screening; business cycle; portfolio diversification; risk; organization; simulations;
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2012-02-27 (Banking)
- NEP-CTA-2012-02-27 (Contract Theory & Applications)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:umnees:0838. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David Skog). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/inumuse.html .