On games arising from multi-depot Chinese postman problems
This paper introduces cooperative games arising from multi-depot Chinese postman problems and explores the properties of these games. A multi-depot Chinese postman problem (MDCP) is represented by a connected (di)graph G, a set of k depots that is a subset of the vertices of G, and a non-negative weight function on the edges of G. A solution to the MDCP is a minimum weight tour of the (di)graph that visits all edges (arcs) of the graph and that consists of a collection of subtours such that the subtours originate from different depots, and each subtour starts and ends at the same depot. A cooperative Chinese postman (CP) game is induced by a MDCP by associating every edge of the graph with a different player. This paper characterizes globally and locally k-CP balanced and submodular (di)graphs. A (di)graph G is called globally (locally) k-CP balanced (respectively submodular), if the induced CP game of the corresponding MDCP problem on G is balanced (respectively submodular) for any (some) choice of the locations of the k depots and every non-negative weight function.
|Date of creation:||02 Dec 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 65 50 32 33
Fax: 65 50 32 37
Web page: http://www.sdu.dk/ivoe
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hamers, H.J.M. & Borm, P.E.M. & van den Leensel, A. & Tijs, S.H., 1999. "Cost allocation in the Chinese postman problem," Other publications TiSEM 5da2ea14-2fdf-4d1f-8b60-2, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Granot, D. & Hamers, H.J.M. & Tijs, S.H., 1999. "On some balanced, totally balanced and submodular delivery games," Other publications TiSEM e0496604-0162-4a27-992c-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Hamers, Herbert, 1997. "On the concavity of delivery games," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 445-458, June.
- Hamers, Herbert & Borm, Peter & van de Leensel, Robert & Tijs, Stef, 1999. "Cost allocation in the Chinese postman problem," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 118(1), pages 153-163, October.
- repec:spr:compst:v:58:y:2003:i:1:p:131-139 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hamers, H.J.M. & Miquel, S. & Norde, H.W., 2011. "Monotonic Stable Solutions for Minimum Coloring Games," Discussion Paper 2011-016, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Yoshio Okamoto, 2003. "Submodularity of some classes of the combinatorial optimization games," Mathematical Methods of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 58(1), pages 131-139, 09.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:sdueko:2012_024. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lene Holbæk)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.