Leader, Or Just Dominant? The Dominant-Firm Model Revisited
I revisit the dominant-firm model and discuss its implicit assumption of a sequential move structure. I argue that a simultaneous move structure is often more reasonable and derive an alternative formulation of the model based on this approach.
|Date of creation:||03 Jan 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, University of Oslo, P.O Box 1095 Blindern, N-0317 Oslo, Norway|
Phone: 22 85 51 27
Fax: 22 85 50 35
Web page: http://www.oekonomi.uio.no/indexe.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Péter Eső & Volker Nocke & Lucy White, 2010.
"Competition for scarce resources,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 41(3), pages 524-548.
- Volker Nocke & Peter EsoLucy White, 2007. "Competition for Scarce Resources," Economics Series Working Papers 365, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Raymond J. Deneckere & Dan Kovenock, 1992. "Price Leadership," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 59(1), pages 143-162.
- Raymond Deneckere & Dan Kovenock, 1988. "Price Leadership," Discussion Papers 773, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Daughety, Andrew F, 1990. "Beneficial Concentration," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(5), pages 1231-1237, December. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:osloec:2010_015. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Magnus Gabriel Aase)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.