The Value-Relevance of Adopting IFRS: Evidence from 145 NGAAP Restatements
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lien, Donald & Vuong, Quang H., 1987. "Selecting the best linear regression model : A classical approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 3-23, May.
- Vuong, Quang H, 1989. "Likelihood Ratio Tests for Model Selection and Non-nested Hypotheses," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 307-333, March.
- repec:bla:joares:v:36:y:1998:i::p:161-191 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:34:y:1996:i::p:135-155 is not listed on IDEAS
- Barth, Mary E. & Beaver, William H. & Landsman, Wayne R., 2001. "The relevance of the value relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting: another view," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 77-104, September.
- Cramer, J. S., 1987. "Mean and variance of R2 in small and moderate samples," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 253-266, July.
- Holger Daske & Luzi Hail & Christian Leuz & Rodrigo Verdi, 2008. "Mandatory IFRS Reporting around the World: Early Evidence on the Economic Consequences," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(5), pages 1085-1142, December.
- David Aboody, 2002. "Measuring Value Relevance in a (Possibly) Inefficient Market," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 965-986, September.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Watts, Ross L., 2001. "The relevance of the value-relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 3-75, September.
- Hope, Ole-Kristian, 2007. "Discussion of "Attribute differences between U.S. GAAP and IFRS earnings: An exploratory study"," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 143-147.
- MacKinnon, James G. & White, Halbert, 1985.
"Some heteroskedasticity-consistent covariance matrix estimators with improved finite sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 305-325, September.
- James G. MacKinnon & Halbert White, 1983. "Some Heteroskedasticity Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimators with Improved Finite Sample Properties," Working Papers 537, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- repec:bla:joares:v:34:y:1996:i::p:117-134 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark T. Bradshaw, 2002. "GAAP versus The Street: An Empirical Assessment of Two Alternative Definitions of Earnings," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 41-66, March.
- Harris, Mary S. & Muller III, Karl A., 1999. "The market valuation of IAS versus US-GAAP accounting measures using Form 20-F reconciliations1," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 285-312, January.
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i:2:p:353-385 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van der Meulen, Sofie & Gaeremynck, Ann & Willekens, Marleen, 2007. "Attribute differences between U.S. GAAP and IFRS earnings: An exploratory study," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 148-152.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Palea Vera, 2013. "Capital Market Effects of the IFRS Adoption for Separate Financial Statements: Evidence from the Italian Stock Market," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201309, University of Turin.
- Jean-Michel Sahut & Sandrine Boulerne & Frédéric Teulon, 2011.
"Do IFRS provide better information about intangibles in Europe?,"
Review of Accounting and Finance,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(3), pages 267-290, August.
- Jean-Michel Sahut & Sandrine Boulerne & Frederic Teulon, 2014. "Do IFRS Provide Better Information About Intangibles in Europe ?," Working Papers 2014-361, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Palea, Vera, 2013. "IAS/IFRS and Financial Reporting Quality: Lessons from the European Experience," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201330, University of Turin.
- Ahmed, Kamran & Chalmers, Keryn & Khlif, Hichem, 2013. "A Meta-analysis of IFRS Adoption Effects," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 173-217.
- Mary E. Barth & Wayne R. Landsman & Danqing Young & Zili Zhuang, 2014. "Relevance of Differences between Net Income based on IFRS and Domestic Standards for European Firms," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3-4), pages 297-327, April.
- Mariarosaria Agostino & Danilo Drago & Damiano Silipo, 2011. "The value relevance of IFRS in the European banking industry," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 437-457, April.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1057-1073 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alain Devalle & Riccardo Magarini, 2012. "Assessing the value relevance of total comprehensive income under IFRS: an empirical evidence from European stock exchanges," International Journal of Accounting, Auditing and Performance Evaluation, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(1), pages 43-68.
- Vera Palea, 2012. "Are IFRS Value-Relevant for Separate Financial Statements? Evidence from the Italian Stock Market," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201211, University of Turin.
- Palea, Vera & Scagnelli, Simone Domenico, 2014. "Do Earnings Reported under IFRS Improve the Prediction of Future Cash Flows? Evidence From European Banks," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201443, University of Turin.
- repec:mir:mirbus:v:7:y:2017:i:10:p:18-25 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ovi:oviste:v:xvii:y:2017:i:2:p:687-690 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-04-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Onali, Enrico & Ginesti, Gianluca, 2015. "Sins of Omission in Value Relevance Empirical Studies," MPRA Paper 64265, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip Brown, 2011. "International Financial Reporting Standards: what are the benefits?," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 269-285, August.
- Ahmet Türel, 2009. "The Value Relevance of IFRS: The Case of Turkey," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 1(1), pages 119-128, September.
- Senteney, David L. & Bazaz, Mohammad S. & Senteney, Michael H., 2016. "Cross-market information transfers of ADR firms: An investigation of emerging market economies," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 655-677.
More about this item
KeywordsValue-relevance of reporting standards; IFRS versus NGAAP; accounting harmonization; balance sheet-oriented conceptual frameworks versus earningsoriented conceptual frameworks;
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:nhhfms:2008_021. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Stein Fossen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dfnhhno.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.