The wealth of the Swedish peasant farmer class 1750–1900: Composition and distribution
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- J. V. Beckett, 1984. "The Pattern of Landownership in England and Wales, 1660-1880," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 37(1), pages 1-22, February.
- Olsson, Mats & Svensson, Patrick, 2010. "Agricultural growth and institutions: Sweden, 1700–1860," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 275-304, August.
- Atack, Jeremy & Bateman, Fred, 1981. "Egalitarianism, Inequality, and Age: The Rural North in 1860," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 41(01), pages 85-93, March.
- J. L. Van Zanden, 1995. "Tracing the beginning of the Kuznets curve: western Europe during the early modern period," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 48(4), pages 643-664, November.
- Lindgren, H kan, 2002. "The Modernization Of Swedish Credit Markets, 1840 1905: Evidence From Probate Records," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 62(03), pages 810-832, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bengtsson, Erik & Olsson, Mats, 2018. "Peasant Aristocrats? Wealth and Social Status of Swedish Farmer Parliamentarians 1769–1895," Lund Papers in Economic History 175, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
More about this item
Keywordsinequality; wealth; Sweden; peasant farmers; rural society; living standards; probate inventories;
- N00 - Economic History - - General - - - General
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N53 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- Q10 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2018-09-10 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:luekhi:0177. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tobias Karlsson) or (Benny Carlsson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dhlunse.html .