Authenticity renewal – institutions, innovation systems, and Cognac evolution (when the rules of the game don’t change)
This paper draws on observations from a long-established network in France, located around the town of Cognac – site of distilled beverages with the same name. Firms within this network have been successful in developing new types of products in the past decades, drawing on and diverging from the conservative culture upon which the region and beverage have built their reputation. The paper reveals that a thick institutional setting, which has been in place for more than a century and is being maintained to preserve the quality and authenticity of the Cognac product, also serve as enablers for new development among local firms
|Date of creation:||18 Dec 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +46 (0) 46 222 74 68
Web page: http://www.circle.lu.se/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrea Morrison & Roberta Rabellotti, 2008. "Knowledge and Information Networks in an Italian Wine Cluster," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(7), pages 983-1006, August.
- Jerker Moodysson & Elena Zukauskaite, 2014.
"Institutional Conditions and Innovation Systems: On the Impact of Regional Policy on Firms in Different Sectors,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(1), pages 127-138, January.
- Moodysson, Jerker & Zukauskaite, Elena, 2012. "Institutional conditions and innovation systems: on the impact of regional policy on firms in different sectors," Papers in Innovation Studies 2011/13, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Bergek, Anna & Jacobsson, Staffan & Carlsson, Bo & Lindmark, Sven & Rickne, Annika, 2008. "Analyzing the functional dynamics of technological innovation systems: A scheme of analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 407-429, April.
- Markku Sotarauta & Riina Pulkkinen, 2011. "Institutional entrepreneurship for knowledge regions: in search of a fresh set of questions for regional innovation studies," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(1), pages 96-112, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lucirc:2013_036. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Grillitsch)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.