General Properties of Expected Demand Functions: Negativity (No Giffen Good) and Homogeneity - A Descriptive Non Utility Maximizing Approach
In this paper we assume that choice of commodities at the individual (household) level is made in the budget set and that the choice can be described by a probability density function. We prove that negativity (()0xExp
|Date of creation:||17 Sep 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: 031-773 10 00
Web page: http://www.handels.gu.se/econ/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John K.-H. Quah, 2000.
"The Monotonicity of Individual and Market Demand,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 911-930, July.
- HARDLE, Wolfgang & HILDENBRAND, Werner & JERISON, Michael, .
"Empirical evidence on the law of demand,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
-968, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wolfgang Härdle & Werner Hildenbrand & Michael Jerison, 1989. "Empirical Evidence on the Law of Demand," Discussion Paper Serie A 264a, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Haerdle,W. Hildenbrand,W. Jerison,M., 1988. "Empirical evidence on the law of demand," Discussion Paper Serie A 193, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Hildenbrand, Werner, 1983. "On the "Law of Demand."," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 997-1019, July.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunwpe:0469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Andersson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.