Technical efficiency in the Swedish trawl fishery for Norway lobster
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- D. S. Prasada Rao & Bart van Ark, 2013. "Introduction," Chapters,in: World Economic Performance, chapter 1, pages 1-6 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Campbell, H. F. & Hand, A. J., 1998. "Joint ventures and technology transfer: the Solomon Islands pole-and-line fishery," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 421-442.
- Dupont, Diane P., 1990. "Rent dissipation in restricted access fisheries," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 26-44, July.
- Battese, George E. & Coelli, Tim J., 1988. "Prediction of firm-level technical efficiencies with a generalized frontier production function and panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 387-399, July.
- Pitt, Mark M. & Lee, Lung-Fei, 1981. "The measurement and sources of technical inefficiency in the Indonesian weaving industry," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 43-64, August.
- Sean Pascoe & Catherine Robinson, 1998. "Input Controls, Input Substitution and Profit Maximisation in the English Channel Beam Trawl Fishery," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(1), pages 16-33.
- Kodde, David A & Palm, Franz C, 1986. "Wald Criteria for Jointly Testing Equality and Inequality Restriction s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1243-1248, September.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Standal, Dag & Annie Sønvisen, Signe, 2015. "Gear liberalization in the Northeast Arctic cod fisheries – Implications for sustainability, efficiency and legitimacy," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 141-148.
- Sadjadi, S.J. & Omrani, H., 2008. "Data envelopment analysis with uncertain data: An application for Iranian electricity distribution companies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4247-4254, November.
- Álvarez, Antonio, 2003. "Econometric Estimation of Fishing Production Functions when Stocks is Unknown: A Monte Carlo Analysis," Efficiency Series Papers 2003/09, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Håkan Eggert & Ragnar Tveteras, 2004.
"Stochastic Production and Heterogeneous Risk Preferences: Commercial Fishers' Gear Choices,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 86(1), pages 199-212.
- Eggert, Hakan & Tveteras, Ragnar, 2001. "Stochastic Production And Heterogeneous Risk Preferences: Commercial Fishers' Gear Choice," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20671, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Eggert, Håkan & Tveterås, Ragnar, 2001. "Stochastic Production and Heterogeneous Risk Preferences: Commercial Fishers’ Gear Choices," Working Papers in Economics 54, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Álvarez, Antonio, 2001. "Some Issues on the Estimation of Technical Efficiency in Fisheries," Efficiency Series Papers 2001/02, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Lokina, Razack B., 2008. "Technical Efficiency and the Role of Skipper Skill in Artisanal Lake Victoria Fisheries," Discussion Papers dp-08-13-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Niels Vestergaard & Dale Squires & Frank Jensen & Jesper L. Andersen, 2002. "Technical Efficiency of the Danish Trawl fleet: Are the Industrial Vessels Better than Others?," Working Papers 32/02, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Sociology, Environmental and Business Economics.
- Azadeh, A. & Ghaderi, S.F. & Omrani, H. & Eivazy, H., 2009. "An integrated DEA-COLS-SFA algorithm for optimization and policy making of electricity distribution units," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2605-2618, July.
More about this item
Keywordsstochastic production frontier; Swedish fisheries; technical efficiency;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2001-09-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2001-09-26 (European Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2001-10-29 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:gunwpe:0053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Andersson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/naiguse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.