Market-making, inventories and martingale pricing
We discuss Shen and Starr(2002) results and show that the bid-ask spread of a monopolistic market-marker doesn't depend on his inventory when he posts ''martingale prices '' in an inventory model with random volumes and an unknown direction of trade.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2002|
|Publication status:||Published in Working Paper du GATE 2002-03. 2002|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00178162|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Roger, Patrick, 2000. "Properties of bid and ask reservation prices in the rank-dependent expected utility model," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 269-285, November.
- Ho, Thomas & Stoll, Hans R., 1981.
"Optimal dealer pricing under transactions and return uncertainty,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 47-73, March.
- Thomas Ho & Hans Stoll, "undated". "Optimal Dealer Pricing Under Transactions and Return Uncertainty," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 27-79, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Biais, Bruno, 1993. " Price Information and Equilibrium Liquidity in Fragmented and Centralized Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 157-185, March.
- P. Roger & L. Eeckhoudt, 1999. "Risk Aversion and the Bid-Ask Spread," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 5(3), pages 323-340.
- Amihud, Yakov & Mendelson, Haim, 1980. "Dealership market : Market-making with inventory," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 31-53, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00178162. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.