Inequality and Inefficiency in Joint Projects
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Cornes, 1993. "Dyke Maintenance and Other Stories: Some Neglected Types of Public Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 259-271.
- Ray, Debraj & Ueda, Kaoru, 1996.
"Egalitarianism and Incentives,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 324-348, November.
- Debraj Ray & Kaoru Ueda, 1996. "Egalitarianism and Incentives," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 73, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Bliss, Christopher & Nalebuff, Barry, 1984. "Dragon-slaying and ballroom dancing: The private supply of a public good," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 1-12, November.
- Legros, Patrick & Matsushima, Hitoshi, 1991. "Efficiency in partnerships," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 296-322, December.
- Warr, Peter G., 1983. "The private provision of a public good is independent of the distribution of income," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 207-211.
- Patrick Legros & Steven A. Matthews, 1993.
"Efficient and Nearly-Efficient Partnerships,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 599-611.
- Patrick Legros & Steven A. Matthews, 1992. "Efficient and Nearly Efficient Partnerships," Discussion Papers 991R, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Patrick Legros & Steven Matthews, 1993. "Efficient and nearly efficient partnerships," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/7040, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bergstrom, Theodore & Blume, Lawrence & Varian, Hal, 1986. "On the private provision of public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-49, February.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 2003. "Economics of common property management regimes," Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 4, pages 127-190 Elsevier.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:95:y:2001:i:03:p:663-672_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dayton-Johnson, Jeff, 2000. "Determinants of collective action on the local commons: a model with evidence from Mexico," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 181-208, June.
- Baland, Jean-Marie & Platteau, Jean-Philippe, 1997. "Wealth Inequality and Efficiency in the Commons: Part I: The Unregulated Case," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(4), pages 451-482, October.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 2000. "Irrigation and Cooperation: An Empirical Analysis of 48 Irrigation Communities in South India," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(4), pages 847-865, July.
- Nandeibam, Shasikanta, 2002. "Sharing Rules in Teams," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 407-420, December.
- Jack Hirshleifer, 1983. "From weakest-link to best-shot: The voluntary provision of public goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 371-386, January.
- Esteban, J. & Ray, D., 1999. "Collective Action and Group Size Paradox," Papers 23, El Instituto de Estudios Economicos de Galicia Pedro Barrie de la Maza.
- Sandler, Todd & Forbes, John F, 1980. "Burden Sharing, Strategy, and the Design of NATO," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(3), pages 425-444, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gregor, Martin, 2015. "Task divisions in teams with complementary tasks," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 102-120.
- Martin Gregor & Lenka Stastna, 2012.
"The decentralization tradeoff for complementary spillovers,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 16(1), pages 41-69, March.
- Martin Gregor & Lenka Š astná, 2011. "The Decentralization Tradeoff for Complementary Spillovers," Working Papers IES 2011/13, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2011.
- repec:bpj:pepspp:v:18:y:2012:i:3:p:11:n:14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, 2003.
"Ethnic Diversity and Economic Performance,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
2028, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Alesina, Alberto & La Ferrara, Eliana, 2005. "Ethnic Diversity and Economic Performance," Scholarly Articles 4553005, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, 2004. "Ethnic Diversity and Economic Performance," NBER Working Papers 10313, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Alesina & Eliana La Ferrara, 2004. "Ethnic Diversity and Economic Performance," Development Working Papers 193, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Olivier Dagnelie, 2008. "Inequality and a Repeated Joint Project," Working Papers 344, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Cubel Maria & Sanchez-Pages Santiago, 2012.
"The effect of within-group inequality in a conflict against a unitary threat,"
Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 18(3), pages 1-11, December.
- Cubel, Maria & Sanchez-Pages, Santiago, 2012. "The effect of within-group inequality in a conflict against a unitary threat," NEPS Working Papers 4/2012, Network of European Peace Scientists.
- Maria Cubel & Santiago Sanchez-Pages, 2012. "The effect of within-group inequality in a conflict against a unitary threat," Working Papers 2012/26, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Guillaume Cheikbossian, 2016.
"The political economy of (De)centralization with complementary public goods,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 47(2), pages 315-348, August.
- Cheikbossian, Guillaume, 2016. "The Political Economy of (De)centralization with Complementary Public Goods," TSE Working Papers 16-644, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. & Nijkamp, Peter, 2016.
"Creative capital in production, inefficiency, and inequality: A theoretical analysis,"
International Review of Economics & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 553-558.
- Amit Batabyal & Peter Nijkamp, 2016. "Creative capital in production, inefficiency, and inequality: A theoretical analysis," ERSA conference papers ersa16p75, European Regional Science Association.
- L. Bagnoli & G. Negroni, 2008. "The emergence of norms of cooperation in stag hunt games with production," Working Papers 626, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Münster, Johannes, 2008.
"Group contest success functions
[Group Contest Success Functions]," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2008-20, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- repec:eee:thpobi:v:113:y:2017:i:c:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kolmar, Martin & Rommeswinkel, Hendrik, 2013. "Contests with group-specific public goods and complementarities in efforts," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 9-22.
- Martin Gregor, 2011. "Tradeoffs of foreign assistance for the weakest-link global public goods," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 18(2), pages 233-251, April.
- Uler, Neslihan, 2009. "Public goods provision and redistributive taxation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(3-4), pages 440-453, April.
- Barbieri, Stefano, 2017. "Voluntary public good provision with private information using order statistics," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 150(C), pages 63-66.
- Johannes Münster, 2009. "Group contest success functions," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 41(2), pages 345-357, November.
- Marchiori, Carmen, 2014. "Inequality and rules in the governance of water resources," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 124-129.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality; Collective Action; Substitutability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:halshs-00160753. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .