Les IFRS et l'utilité informationnelle du résultat global en Europe : le rôle des cabinets d'audit
We study the effects of IFRS adoption in Europe on the value relevance of both the net income and comprehensive income, and the impact of Big 4 on this value relevance. We use an extensive database of more than 5000 adopters from 22 European countries. Our main findings are: the adoption of IFRS has enhanced the value relevance of both accounting performance measures; Big 4 auditors are associated with a more value relevant comprehensive income under IFRS than under local standards. These results suggest that IFRS improve the usefulness of accounting information to investors and that the contribution of Big 4 auditors in favor of earnings quality is more under IFRS than under local standards, especially for the comprehensive income.
|Date of creation:||21 May 2012|
|Publication status:||Published in Comptabilités et innovation, May 2012, Grenoble, France. pp.cd-rom, 2012|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00691014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998.
"Law and Finance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1113-1155, December.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, "undated". "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Anne Cazavan-Jeny & Thomas Jeanjean, 2009. "IFRS1 : « Il faut tout changer pour que rien ne change »," Comptabilité - Contrôle - Audit, Association francophone de comptabilité, vol. 15(1), pages 105-131.
- Thomas Jeanjean & Anne Cazavan-Jeny, 2009. "IFRS 1 : Il faut tout changer pour que rien ne change," Post-Print hal-00493178, HAL.
- Philippe Van Cauwenberge & Ignace De Beelde, 2007. "On the IASB comprehensive income project: an analysis of the case for dual income display," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(1), pages 1-26.
- R. Janin & C. Piot, 2008. "L'influence des auditeurs externes et des comités d'audit sur le contenu informatif des manipulations comptables," Post-Print halshs-00365223, HAL.
- Dhaliwal, Dan & Subramanyam, K. R. & Trezevant, Robert, 1999. "Is comprehensive income superior to net income as a measure of firm performance?1," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 43-67, January.
- Olivier Ramond & Laurent Batsch & Jean-François Casta, 2007. "Résultat et performance financière en normes IFRS : Quel est le contenu informatif du comprehensive income ?," Comptabilité - Contrôle - Audit, Association francophone de comptabilité, vol. 13(3), pages 129-154.
- Olivier Ramond & Jean-François Casta & Laurent Batsch, 2007. "Résultat et performance financière en normes IFRS : Quel est le contenu informatif du Comprehensive Income ?," Post-Print halshs-00165038, HAL.
- DeAngelo, Linda Elizabeth, 1981. "Auditor size and audit quality," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 183-199, December.
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-641, August.
- Dechow, Patricia M., 1994. "Accounting earnings and cash flows as measures of firm performance : The role of accounting accruals," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-42, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00691014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.