Les IFRS et l'utilité informationnelle du résultat global en Europe : le rôle des cabinets d'audit
We study the effects of IFRS adoption in Europe on the value relevance of both the net income and comprehensive income, and the impact of Big 4 on this value relevance. We use an extensive database of more than 5000 adopters from 22 European countries. Our main findings are: the adoption of IFRS has enhanced the value relevance of both accounting performance measures; Big 4 auditors are associated with a more value relevant comprehensive income under IFRS than under local standards. These results suggest that IFRS improve the usefulness of accounting information to investors and that the contribution of Big 4 auditors in favor of earnings quality is more under IFRS than under local standards, especially for the comprehensive income.
|Date of creation:||21 May 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Comptabilités et innovation, May 2012, Grenoble, France. pp.cd-rom, 2012|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00691014|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-41, August.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998.
"Law and Finance,"
3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, . "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- DeAngelo, Linda Elizabeth, 1981. "Auditor size and audit quality," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 183-199, December.
- Dhaliwal, Dan & Subramanyam, K. R. & Trezevant, Robert, 1999. "Is comprehensive income superior to net income as a measure of firm performance?1," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 43-67, January.
- Olivier Ramond & Jean-François Casta & Laurent Batsch, 2007. "Résultat et performance financière en normes IFRS : Quel est le contenu informatif du Comprehensive Income ?," Post-Print halshs-00165038, HAL.
- Philippe Van Cauwenberge & Ignace De Beelde, 2007. "On the IASB comprehensive income project: an analysis of the case for dual income display," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 43(1), pages 1-26.
- R. Janin & C. Piot, 2008. "L'influence des auditeurs externes et des comités d'audit sur le contenu informatif des manipulations comptables," Post-Print halshs-00365223, HAL.
- Dechow, Patricia M., 1994. "Accounting earnings and cash flows as measures of firm performance : The role of accounting accruals," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 3-42, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00691014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.