Innovation, coopération temporaire et processus de concurrence
Based on new developments on the process of competition, we attempt to identify major economic arguments that justify inter-firms cooperation in a context of innovation. Using representative European case law, we show that cooperation is crucial to the acquisition of information that sustains the development of innovation. However, cooperation – productive or more strategic – can only be temporary. When innovation is produced, cooperation turns into collusion.
|Date of creation:||2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Economie Appliquée, Presses de l'ISMEA, 2005, 58 (2), pp.157-170|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00203618|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tracy R. Lewis & Huseyin Yildirim, 2002. "Managing Dynamic Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 779-797, September.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2001.
"The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism,"
- Richard N. Langlois, 2003. "The vanishing hand: the changing dynamics of industrial capitalism," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(2), pages 351-385, April.
- Richard N. Langlois, 2002. "The Vanishing Hand: the Changing Dynamics of Industrial Capitalism," Working papers 2002-21, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Jackie Krafft, 1996.
"Le processus de concurrence : une proposition de critères d'évaluation,"
Revue d'Économie Industrielle,
Programme National Persée, vol. 76(1), pages 49-66.
- Jackie Krafft, 1996. "Le processus de concurrence: une proposition de critères d'évaluation," Post-Print hal-00203663, HAL.
- Jackie Krafft, 2000. "The Process of Competition," Post-Print hal-00463577, HAL.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Josh Lerner & Scott Stern, 2002. "Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 2," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number jaff02-1.
- Motta,Massimo, 2004. "Competition Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521816632, November.
- Motta,Massimo, 2004. "Competition Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521016919, November.
- David S. Evans & Richard Schmalensee, 2002.
"Some Economic Aspects of Antitrust Analysis in Dynamically Competitive Industries,"
in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 2, pages 1-50
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David S. Evans & Richard Schmalensee, 2001. "Some Economic Aspects of Antitrust Analysis in Dynamically Competitive Industries," NBER Working Papers 8268, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geroski, P A, 1992. "Vertical Relations between Firms and Industrial Policy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(410), pages 138-47, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00203618. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.