Les nouvelles facettes de la propriété intellectuelle : stratégies, attaques et menaces
The aim of this article is to analyse new problems concerning intellectual property in the Information and Communication Technologies and to show that intellectual property rights are a way to protect innovation but also a tool to be offensive towards competitors. Particularly, we explore the increasing patents number in the ICT in two ways : first, we draw attention on the strategic role of patents and new firms strategies in the de jure and de facto standardisation arena ; we show that the same type of strategies could be put in light with standards implemented nowadays on the Internet. Second, we analyse the impact of intellectual property strategies on innvation and the increasing importance of trials which could be a mean of pressure on competitors.
|Date of creation:||2007|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Management & Sciences Sociales, 2007, 4, pp.1-14|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-00196848|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James Bessen & Eric Maskin, 2006.
"Sequential Innovation, Patents, and Imitation,"
Economics Working Papers
0025, Institute for Advanced Study, School of Social Science.
- Marc Rysman & Tim Simcoe, 2006. "Patents and Performance of Voluntary Standard Setting Organizations," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series WP2006-031, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Lea, Gary & Hall, Peter, 2004. "Standards and intellectual property rights: an economic and legal perspective," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 67-89, March.
- Stanley M. Besen & Joseph Farrell, 1994. "Choosing How to Compete: Strategies and Tactics in Standardization," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(2), pages 117-131, Spring.
- Fabrizio Cesaroni & Paola Giuri, 2005. "Intellectual Property Rights and Market Dynamics," LEM Papers Series 2005/10, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Windrum, Paul, 2004. "Leveraging technological externalities in complex technologies: Microsoft's exploitation of standards in the browser wars," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 385-394, April.
- Paola Giuri & Myriam Mariani & Stefano Brusoni & Gustavo Crespi & Dominique Francoz & Alfonso Gambardella & Walter Garcia-Fontes & Aldo Geuna & Raul Gonzales & Dietmar Harhoff & Karin Hoisl & Christia, 2005.
"Everything you Always Wanted to Know about Inventors (but Never Asked): Evidence from the PatVal-EU Survey,"
LEM Papers Series
2005/20, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Brusoni, Stefano & Crespi, Gustavo & Francoz, Dominique & Gambardella, Alfonso & Garcia-Fontes, Walter & Geuna, Aldo & Giuri, Paola & Gonzales, Raul & Harhoff, Dietmar & Hoisl, Karin & LeBas, Christia, 2006. "Everything You Always Wanted to Know about Inventors (But Never Asked): Evidence from the PatVal-EU Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 5752, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Hoisl, Karin, 2006. "Everything you Always Wanted to Know About Inventors (But Never Asked): Evidence from the PatVal-EU Survey," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 1261, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Robert M. Hunt & James Bessen, 2004. "The software patent experiment," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q3, pages 22-32.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:journl:hal-00196848. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.