Fractional and seasonal filtering
We introduce in this study a new strategy to model simultaneously persistence and seasonality inside economic data using different stochastic filters based on the Gegenbauer modelling. The limits and advantages of these filters are discussed in order to improve the adjustment of economic series, particularly when specific trend is observed. The series of new cars registrations in the Euro-zone is modelled using the previous filters
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published, Proceeding Book on the Conference Seasonality, Seasonal adjustment and its implication for short term analysis and forecasting, Eurostat (Ed.), 2008, 121-132|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: http://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00646178|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis Gil-Alana, 2006.
"Long memory at the long-run and the seasonal monthly frequencies in the US money stock,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(15), pages 965-968.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2005. "Long Memory At The Long-Run And The Seasonal Monthly Frequencies In The Us Money Stock," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 05-16, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Laurent Ferrara & Dominique Guegan, 2006. "Fractional seasonality: Models and Application to Economic Activity in the Euro Area," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00185370, HAL.
- Josu Arteche & Peter M. Robinson, 1998. "Seasonal and cyclical long memory," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2241, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Josu Artech & Peter M Robinson, 1998. "Semiparametric Inference in Seasonal and Cyclical Long Memory Processes - (Now published in Journal of Time Series Analysis, 21 (2000), pp.1-25.)," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series /1998/359, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Ferrara, Laurent & Guegan, Dominique, 2001. "Forecasting with k-Factor Gegenbauer Processes: Theory and Applications," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(8), pages 581-601, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00646178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.