Fractional and seasonal filtering
We introduce in this study a new strategy to model simultaneously persistence and seasonality inside economic data using different stochastic filters based on the Gegenbauer modelling. The limits and advantages of these filters are discussed in order to improve the adjustment of economic series, particularly when specific trend is observed. The series of new cars registrations in the Euro-zone is modelled using the previous filters
|Date of creation:||2008|
|Publication status:||Published in J.L. Mazi. Proceeding Book on the Conference Seasonality, Seasonal adjustment and its implication for short term analysis and forecasting, Eurostat, pp.121-132, 2008|
|Note:||View the original document on HAL open archive server: https://halshs.archives-ouvertes.fr/halshs-00646178|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laurent Ferrara & Dominique Guegan, 2006. "Fractional seasonality: Models and Application to Economic Activity in the Euro Area," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00185370, HAL.
- Arteche, Josu & Robinson, Peter M., 1998. "Seasonal and cyclical long memory," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2241, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ferrara, Laurent & Guegan, Dominique, 2001.
"Forecasting with k-Factor Gegenbauer Processes: Theory and Applications,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(8), pages 581-601, December.
- Laurent Ferrara & Dominique Guegan, 2001. "Forecasting with k-factor Gegenbauer Processes: Theory and Applications," Post-Print halshs-00193667, HAL.
- Arteche, Josu & Robinson, Peter M., 1998. "Semiparametric inference in seasonal and cyclical long memory processes," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2203, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis Gil-Alana, 2006. "Long memory at the long-run and the seasonal monthly frequencies in the US money stock," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(15), pages 965-968.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis A. Gil-Alana, 2005. "Long Memory At The Long-Run And The Seasonal Monthly Frequencies In The Us Money Stock," Economics and Finance Discussion Papers 05-16, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:cesptp:halshs-00646178. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.