MIT and Money
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Perry Mehrling, 2002. "Don Patinkin and the origins of postwar monetary orthodoxy," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 161-185.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1968. "What Classical and Neoclassical Monetary Theory Really was," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 1(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Franco Modigliani, 1964. "Some Empirical Tests of Monetary Management and of Rules versus Discretion," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 211-211.
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- J. Tobin, 1958. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 65-86.
- Franco Modigliani, 1977.
"The monetarist controversy; or, should we forsake stabilization policies?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Spr suppl, pages 27-46.
- Modigliani, Franco, 1977. "The Monetarist Controversy or, Should We Forsake Stabilization Policies?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(2), pages 1-19, March.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1969. "Nonoptimality of Money Holding under Laissez Faire," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 2(2), pages 303-308, May.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1972. "Expectations and the neutrality of money," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 103-124, April.
- Hahn, F H, 1971. "Professor Friedman's Views on Money," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(149), pages 61-80, February.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1972. "Samuelson on the Neoclassical Dichotomy: A Reply," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 5(2), pages 283-292, May.
More about this item
KeywordsMIT; monetary economics; Paul Samuelson;
- B22 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought since 1925 - - - Macroeconomics
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2013-12-06 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HIS-2013-12-06 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2013-12-06 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2013-12-06 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2013-12-06 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gre:wpaper:2013-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Patrice Bougette). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/credcfr.html .