Marginal tax rates, tax revenues and inequality. Reagan’s fiscal policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Feldstein, Martin, 1986. "Supply Side Economics: Old Truths and New Claims," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 26-30, May.
- Austan Goolsbee, 2000.
"What Happens When You Tax the Rich? Evidence from Executive Compensation,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(2), pages 352-378, April.
- Austan Goolsbee, 1997. "What Happens When You Tax the Rich? Evidence from Executive Compensation," NBER Working Papers 6333, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Joel Slemrod & Jon Bakija, 2000. "Does Growing Inequality Reduce Tax Progressivity? Should It?," NBER Working Papers 7576, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Feldstein, Martin, 1976. "On the theory of tax reform," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 77-104.
- Fullerton, Don & Mackie, James B. III, 1989.
"Economic Efficiency in Recent Tax Reform History: Policy Reversals or Consistent Improvements?,"
National Tax Journal,
National Tax Association, vol. 42(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Don Fullerton & James B. Mackie, 1988. "Economic Efficiency in Recent Tax Reform History: Policy Reversals or Consistent Improvements?," NBER Working Papers 2593, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsReagan’s fiscal policy; supply-side economics; revenue; inequality;
- H24 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Personal Income and Other Nonbusiness Taxes and Subsidies
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
- N42 - Economic History - - Government, War, Law, International Relations, and Regulation - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2011-08-09 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2011-08-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2011-08-09 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2011-08-09 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gea:wpaper:4/2011. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcello Montefiori). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ifgenit.html .