Saint-Simonism and Utilitarianism : the history of a paradox. Bentham’s Defence of Usury under Saint-Amand Bazard’s Interpretation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gilbert Faccarello & Philippe Steiner, 2008. "Religion and Political Economy in Early-Nineteenth-Century France," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 40(5), pages 26-61, Supplemen.
- Giuseppe Coco & David De Meza, 2009. "In Defense of Usury Laws," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(8), pages 1691-1703, December.
- Murphy, Antoin E., 1997. "John Law: Economic Theorist and Policy-maker," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198286493.
- Nathalie Sigot, 1998. "Les principes d'un système monétaire sain de Bentham," Cahiers d'Économie Politique, Programme National Persée, vol. 32(1), pages 117-140.
- Marco E.L. Guidi, 2009. "Jeremy Bentham," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economics and Ethics, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Antoinette Baujard, 2010. "Collective interest versus individual interest in Bentham's felicific calculus. Questioning welfarism and fairness," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(4), pages 607-634.
- José Luís Cardoso & António de Vasconcelos Nogueira, 2005. "Isaac de Pinto (1717-1787): An Enlightened Economist and Financier," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 37(2), pages 263-292, Summer.
- Joseph Persky, 2007. "Retrospectives: From Usury to Interest," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 227-236, Winter.
More about this item
Keywordsutilitarianism; saint-simonism; interest rate; usury;
- B1 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925
- E4 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-01-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2012-01-03 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HPE-2012-01-03 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gat:wpaper:1135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nelly Wirth). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/gateefr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.