Maximising the Economic Benefits of Renewable Energy - A Northern Periphery Programme Perspective
The value of the global renewable energy market is growing at a rapid pace as the uptake of technologies continues to increase. As a direct consequence, regions are actively encouraging companies to invest in renewable energy in order to benefit from the prosperity that success brings to the area. Using knowledge gained from the NPP SMALLEST and NPP MicrE projects, this paper analyses the influencing factors on renewable energy companies and their relationships. By developing a closer understanding of these associations, this paper provides a basis for further economic research.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 028 9036 6351|
Fax: 028 9036 6805
Web page: http://www.business.ulster.ac.uk/retailfinancial/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jacobsson, Staffan & Johnson, Anna, 2000. "The diffusion of renewable energy technology: an analytical framework and key issues for research," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 625-640, July.
- Lund, P.D., 2009. "Effects of energy policies on industry expansion in renewable energy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 53-64.
- Bergmann, Ariel & Hanley, Nick & Wright, Robert, 2006. "Valuing the attributes of renewable energy investments," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1004-1014, June.
- Wustenhagen, Rolf & Wolsink, Maarten & Burer, Mary Jean, 2007. "Social acceptance of renewable energy innovation: An introduction to the concept," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 2683-2691, May.
- Unruh, Gregory C., 2000. "Understanding carbon lock-in," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 817-830, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fsr:wpaper:0. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Derek Bond)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.