Discount rate policies of five Federal Reserve Chairmen
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- V. Vance Roley & Rick Troll, 1984. "The impact of discount rate changes on market interest rates," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Jan, pages 27-39.
- Waud, Roger N, 1970. "Public Interpretation of Federal Reserve Discount Rate Changes: Evidence on the 'Announcement Effect'," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(2), pages 231-250, March.
- Cook, Timothy & Hahn, Thomas, 1988. "The Information Content of Discount Rate Announcements and Their Effect on Market Interest Rates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(2), pages 167-180, May.
- Batten, Dallas S. & Thornton, Daniel L., 1984.
"Discount rate changes and the foreign exchange market,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 279-292, December.
- Dallas S. Batten & Daniel L. Thornton, 1983. "Discount rate changes and the foreign exchange market," Working Papers 1983-016, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1982. "The discount rate and market interest rates: what's the connection?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jun, pages 3-14.
- Hakkio, Craig S. & Pearce, Douglas K., 1992. "Discount rate policy under alternative operating procedures: An empirical investigation," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 55-72.
- Edward C. Simmons, 1956. "A Note On The Revival Of Federal Reserve Discount Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 11(4), pages 413-421, December.
- Robert V. Roosa, 1959. "Credit Policy at the Discount Window: Comment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 73(2), pages 333-337.
- Wagster, John, 1993. "The Information Content of Discount Rate Announcements Revisited: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 25(1), pages 132-137, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- María José Gutiérrez & Jesús Vázquez, "undated".
"The Changing Behavior of the Term Structure of Post-War U.S. Interest Rates and Changes in the Federal Reserve Chairman. Is There a Link?,"
Working Papers on International Economics and Finance
- María-José Gutiérrez & Jesús Vázquez, 2001. "The Changing Behavior Of The Term Structure Of Post-War U.S. Interest Rates And Changes In The Federal Reserve Chairman: Is There A Link?," Working Papers 01-03, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
More about this item
KeywordsDiscount ; Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlwp:1996-001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.