Patterns and determinants of inefficiency in state manufacturing
A study of whether states differ in terms of technical inefficiency in their manufacturing sectors.
|Date of creation:||1986|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1455 East 6th St., Cleveland OH 44114|
Web page: http://www.clevelandfed.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
- John R. Baldwin & W. Mark Brown & David L. Rigby, 2010.
"Agglomeration Economies: Microdata Panel Estimates From Canadian Manufacturing,"
Journal of Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(5), pages 915-934, December.
- Baldwin, John R. & Brown, W. Mark & Rigby, David, 2008. "Agglomeration Economies: Microdata Panel Estimates from Canadian Manufacturing," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2008049e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Heru Margono & Subhash Sharma & Kevin Sylwester & Usama Al-Qalawi, 2009. "Technical efficiency and productivity analysis in Indonesian provincial economies," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(6), pages 663-672.
- M. M. Salinas-Jimenez, 2003. "Technological change, efficiency gains and capital accumulation in labour productivity growth and convergence: an application to the Spanish regions," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(17), pages 1839-1851.
- Oleg Badunenko & Michael Fritsch & Andreas Stephan, 2006. "What Determines the Technical Efficiency of a Firm? The Importance of Industry, Location, and Size," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft 33/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Thomas J. Campbell & Daniel P. Kessler & George B. Shepherd, 1995. "The Causes and Effects of Liability Reform: Some Empirical Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4989, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hideki Yamawaki, 2006. "The location of American and Japanese multinationals in Europe," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 157-173, November.
- Richard Cebula & Jay Carmichael & Holly Meads, 2008. "State-imposed solutions to negative externalities: employment impact of pollution abatement policy," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 32(4), pages 380-393, October.
- Inmaculada C. Alvarez Ayuso & Osvaldo U. Becerril Torres & Laura E. del Moral Barrera, 2011. "The effect of infrastructures on total factor productivity and its determinants: a study on Mexico," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 26(1), pages 97-122.
- Mari Maté-Sánchez-Val & Antonia Madrid-Guijarro, 2011. "A spatial efficiency index proposal: an empirical application to SMEs productivity," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 47(2), pages 353-371, October.
- Baldwin, John R. & Brown, W. Mark & Rigby, David, 2008. "Economies d'agglomeration : estimations de panel de microdonnees du secteur canadien de la fabrication," Serie de documents de recherche sur l'analyse economique (AE) 2008049f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Baldwin, John R. & Beckstead, Desmond & Brown, W. Mark & Rigby, David, 2007. "Economies urbaines et productivite," Serie de documents de recherche sur l'analyse economique (AE) 2007045f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- David Rigby & Jurgen Essletzbichler, 2000. "Impacts of Industry Mix, Technological Change, Selection and Plant Entry/Exit on Regional Productivity Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 333-342.
- Salinas-Jimenez, M. del Mar, 2004. "Public infrastructure and private productivity in the Spanish regions," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 47-64, January.
- An, Donghwan & Kim, Kwansoo & Kwon, Oh Sang, 2004. "The Demand- and Supply-Side Spillovers in the Food Manufacturing Industry in Korea: An Empirical Evidence from Both Local Level and Individual Firm Level," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20238, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Sharma, Subhash C. & Sylwester, Kevin & Margono, Heru, 2007. "Decomposition of total factor productivity growth in U.S. states," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 215-241, May.
- Baldwin, John R. & Beckstead, Desmond & Brown, W. Mark & Rigby, David, 2007. "Urban Economies and Productivity," Economic Analysis (EA) Research Paper Series 2007045e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Alejandra Trejo, 2011. "Competitiveness And The Regional Efficiency Of The Mexican Service Sector," ERSA conference papers ersa10p196, European Regional Science Association.
- Stanley C. W. Salvary, 2004. "The Neoclassical Model, Corporate Retained Earnings, And The Regional Flows Of Financial Capital," Urban/Regional 0410007, EconWPA.
- John K. Mullen & Martin Williams & Ronald L. Moomaw, 1996. "Public capital stock and interstate variations in manufacturing efficiency," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 51-67.
- Jaume Puig, 2000. "Technical inefficiency and public capital in US States: A stochastic frontier approach," Economics Working Papers 451, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcwp:8603. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed