Efficiency in index options markets and trading in stock baskets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ackert, Lucy F. & Tian, Yisong S., 2001. "Efficiency in index options markets and trading in stock baskets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(9), pages 1607-1634, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Baesel, Jerome B & Shows, George & Thorp, Edward, 1983. "The Cost of Liquidity Services in Listed Options: A Note," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(3), pages 989-995, June.
- Harris, Lawrence & Sofianos, George & Shapiro, James E, 1994. "Program Trading and Intraday Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(4), pages 653-685.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997.
"The Limits of Arbitrage,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 35-55, March.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "The Limits of Arbitrage," NBER Working Papers 5167, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrei Shleifer ad Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "The Limits of Arbitrage," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1725, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Arturo Rodríguez Castellanos, 1988. "Premio por riesgo en el mercado de cambios a plazo. Modelos de valoración de activos financieros: una exploración empírica," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 12(2), pages 259-277, May.
- Evnine, Jeremy & Rudd, Andrew, 1985. "Index Options: The Early Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 743-756, July.
- Galai, Dan, 1977. "Tests of Market Efficiency of the Chicago Board Options Exchange," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(2), pages 167-197, April.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Billingsley, Randall S & Chance, Don M, 1985. "Options Market Efficiency and the Box Spread Strategy," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 20(4), pages 287-301, November.
- Phillips, Susan M. & Smith, Clifford Jr., 1980. "Trading costs for listed options : The implications for market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 179-201, June.
- Kamara, Avraham & Miller, Thomas W., 1995. "Daily and Intradaily Tests of European Put-Call Parity," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(4), pages 519-539, December.
- Goodman, Marianne & Hull, James W. & Terkelsen, Kenneth G. & Smith, Thomas E. & Anthony, Donna, 1997. "Factor structure of quality of life: The Lehman interview," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 477-480, November.
- Cox, John C. & Ross, Stephen A. & Rubinstein, Mark, 1979. "Option pricing: A simplified approach," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 229-263, September.
- Ronn, Aimee Gerbarg & Ronn, Ehud I, 1989. "The Box Spread Arbitrage Conditions: Theory, Tests, and Investment Strategies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 2(1), pages 91-108.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lim, Terence & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C. & Scholes, Myron S., 2006. "The Derivatives Sourcebook," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(5–6), pages 365-572, April.
- F. De Roon & C. Veld & J. Wei, 1998.
"A study on the efficiency of the market for Dutch long-term call options,"
The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 93-111.
- de Roon, F.A. & Veld, C.H. & Wei, J., 1996. "A Study on the Efficiency of the Market for Dutch Long Term Call Options," Discussion Paper 1996-33, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Engstrom, Malin & Norden, Lars, 2000. "The early exercise premium in American put option prices," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 461-479, December.
- Zhang, Huiming & Watada, Junzo, 2019. "An analysis of the arbitrage efficiency of the Chinese SSE 50ETF options market," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 474-489.
- Ayla Ogus, 2002.
"Pricing of S&P 100 Index Options Based On Garch Volatility Estimates,"
0201, Izmir University of Economics.
- Ayla Ogus, 2005. "Pricing Of S&P 100 Index Options Based On Garch Volatility Estimates," Finance 0504005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ardia, David, 2002. "Tests d'arbitrage et surfaces de volatilité : analyse empirique sur données haute fréquence [Arbitrage tests and surface of implied volatility: An empirical analysis of high frequency data]," MPRA Paper 17415, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Don M. Chance, 1988. "Boundary Condition Tests Of Bid And Ask Prices Of Index Call Options," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 11(1), pages 21-31, March.
- de Roon, F.A. & Veld, C.H. & Wei, J., 1996. "A Study on the Efficiency of the Market for Dutch Long Term Call Options," Other publications TiSEM 6d44d9a4-a512-4921-958a-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Michael J. Dueker & Thomas W. Miller, 1996. "Market microstructure effects on the direct measurement of the early exercise premium in exchange-listed options," Working Papers 1996-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Linda S. Klein & David R. Peterson, 1988. "Investor Expectations Of Volatility Increases Around Large Stock Splits As Implied In Call Option Premia," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 11(1), pages 71-80, March.
- François-Heude, Alain & Yousfi, Ouidad, 2013. "On the liquidity of CAC 40 index options Market," MPRA Paper 47921, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Jul 2013.
- Jianfeng Hu, 2020. "Is the synthetic stock price really lower than actual price?," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 40(12), pages 1809-1824, December.
- En-Der Su & Feng-Jeng Lin, 2012. "Two-State Volatility Transition Pricing and Hedging of TXO Options," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 39(3), pages 259-287, March.
- Charilaos Mertzanis, 2013. "Risk Management Challenges after the Financial Crisis," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 42(3), pages 285-320, November.
- Millo, Yuval & MacKenzie, Donald, 2009. "The usefulness of inaccurate models: Towards an understanding of the emergence of financial risk management," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 638-653, July.
- Karen Alpert, 2009. "The effects of taxation on put‐call parity," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 49(3), pages 445-464, September.
- Brunetti, Marianna & Torricelli, Costanza, 2005. "Put-call parity and cross-markets efficiency in the index options markets: evidence from the Italian market," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 508-532.
- Mondher Bellalah, 2009. "Derivatives, Risk Management & Value," World Scientific Books, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., number 7175, March.
- Tian, Yisong Sam, 1998. "A Trinomial Option Pricing Model Dependent on Skewness and Kurtosis," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 315-330.
- Alain François-Heude & Ouidad Yousfi, 2014. "On the liquidity of CAC 40 index options market," Post-Print hal-02050806, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsOptions (Finance); Stock - Prices;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedawp:99-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/frbatus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.