Subsidies and distorted markets: Do telecom subsidies affect competition?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zolnierek, James & Eisner, James & Burton, Ellen, 2001. "An Empirical Examination of Entry Patterns in Local Telephone Markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 143-159, March.
- Donald Alexander & Robert Feinberg, 2004. "Entry in Local Telecommunication Markets," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 25(2), pages 107-127, June.
- Eriksson, Ross C & Kaserman, David L & Mayo, John W, 1998. "Targeted and Untargeted Subsidy Schemes: Evidence from Postdivestiture Efforts to Promote Universal Telephone Service," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 41(2), pages 477-502, October.
- H. Cremer & F. Gasmi & A. Grimaud & J. J. Laffont, 2001. "Universal Service: An economic perspective," Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 72(1), pages 5-43, March.
- Mueller, Milton, 1993. "Universal service in telephone history : A reconstruction," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 352-369, July.
- Barros, Pedro P. & Seabra, M. Carmo, 1999. "Universal service: does competition help or hurt?," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 45-60, March.
- Hauge, Janice A. & Jamison, Mark A. & Gentry, Richard J., 2008. "Bureaucrats as entrepreneurs: Do municipal telecommunications providers hinder private entrepreneurs," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 89-102, March.
- Trevor R. Roycroft, 2005. "Empirical Analysis of Entry in the Local Exchange Market: The Case of Pacific Bell," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 23(1), pages 107-115, January.
- Lukasz Grzybowski, 2005. "Regulation of Mobile Telephony across the European Union: An Empirical Analysis," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 47-67, July.
- Mario Denni & Harald Gruber, 2006. "The diffusion of broadband telecommunications: the role of competition," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0060, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Wolak, Frank A., 1996. "Can universal service survive in a competitive telecommunications environment? Evidence from the United States consumer expenditure survey," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 163-203, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chiang, Eric P. & Hauge, Janice A., 2013. "The impact of non-neutral federal regulatory policy on competition," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 1142-1149.
- Casasbuenas, Jaime & de Oliveira, Fernando & Riobó, Alexander, 2014. "Effective subsidies to the demand for fixed broadbandwith an increase in penetration and an undistorted competition landscape: The Colombian case," 20th ITS Biennial Conference, Rio de Janeiro 2014: The Net and the Internet - Emerging Markets and Policies 106900, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
More about this item
Keywordssubsidies; Universal Service Fund; telecommunications; regulation;
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-12-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2007-12-01 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MIC-2007-12-01 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-REG-2007-12-01 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fal:wpaper:07002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vadym Volosovych). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/defauus.html .